Rotisserie Chicken Ranch Wraps
with carrot sticks
The epitome of a quick weeknight meal, these salad-filled wraps are elevated with a homemade ranch dressing. All of the elements can be prepped ahead for a meal that can come together super fast.
Smarts: Be sure to season the salad mixture with salt and pepper before folding it into the wraps - the right amount of seasoning will give these the most flavor.
- Rotisserie chicken - 1/2, shredded
- Carrots - 8 oz, sliced into sticks for dipping
- Lettuce - 5 oz, chopped (any crisp variety like romaine)
- Cucumbers - 10 oz, diced
- Cheese, shredded Italian blend - 4 oz
- Wraps, large - 4 (like burrito-sized tortillas)
- Cilantro - 1 tsp, finely chopped
- Chives (opt) - 1 tsp, finely chopped
- Mayonnaise - 2 Tbsp
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1/4 cup
- Vinegar, white wine - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 3 Tbsp
- Dill, dried - 1/4 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/4 tsp
- Sugar - 1/8 tsp
- Rotisserie chicken - (Shred meat for Thursday at the same time.) Take meat off the bone and shred. Use a knife and fork or your hands. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Carrots - Slice carrots into sticks for dipping. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make ranch dressing - Finely chop cilantro and chives. Whisk together mayonnaise and yogurt. Add vinegar, lemon juice, and oil one at a time while whisking. Stir cilantro, chives, dill, garlic powder, and sugar into dressing. Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Cucumbers - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together chicken (reserve Thursday’s portion if you shredded it at the same time), lettuce, cucumbers, and cheese. Add half the ranch dressing (reserve other half) and toss until well combined. (Note: If made ahead, the dressing may have thickened. You can thin it out with a tiny splash of water if it is too thick to easily toss with the salad.) Season salad with some salt and pepper.
- Divide salad between wraps. Fold / roll wraps to tightly enclose filling.
- Serve wraps with carrot sticks and remaining ranch dressing for dipping. Enjoy!
Easy, yummy, healthy, fresh flavors — my 7 year old said, “I don’t like egg salad,” and then ate two wraps and all his veggies. This is a perfect summer meal — especially if you cook the eggs ahead of time.0 Helpful
I love this wrap!0 Helpful
Good ranch recipe, and it was good in the egg salad. I would have preferred bread to the wraps and celery to the cucumbers, but otherwise pretty solid meal. We doubled the sauce and 1.5x the egg salad to make sure we had enough.0 Helpful
Could have used some Tomatoes or even bell pepper, but ranch sauce was delicious.0 Helpful
Great egg salad recipe! Doubled the eggs. Added capers. Added zucchini to carrots to dip and pickles on the side to bulk. Dressing was great, though a little runny since I only used coconut yogurt instead of any mayo. I added some of my vegan ranch to it to make it creamier and used diced celery instead of chives. Delicious!0 Helpful
I was not a fan of these. The texture was too mushy overall and it was more like 3 small servings than 4 regular servings. I ended up adding a can of tuna and some miracle whip to finish it off. The homemade ranch was delicious though a little watery for my taste. I'll just make a tzatziki sauce next time.0 Helpful