with zucchini noodles / broccoli
In this fast and easy weeknight meal shrimp is briefly marinated and then cooked in a flavorful mixture of garlic, parsley, and olive oil. Butter, fresh tomatoes, and red pepper flakes are added to make a fresh sauce that is great served over zucchini noodles.
Shrimp Scampi with Fresh Tomatoes:
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 1/2 lb
- Garlic - 4 cloves , chopped
- Parsley - 2 Tbsp , chopped
- Oil, olive - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Tomatoes, medium - 3 , chopped
- Butter - 4 Tbsp
- Stock, any type - 1/4 cup
- Red pepper flakes (opt) - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
Zucchini Noodles with Broccoli:
- Broccoli florets - 10 oz , chopped
- Zucchini - 1 lb , spiralized, peeled into strips, or cubed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Shrimp - Defrost shrimp.
- Broccoli / Garlic / Parsley - Prep as directed. Store broccoli in one container. Combine garlic and parsley in another container. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make marinade - Combine garlic, parsley, olive oil, and shrimp. Marinate for at least 20 minutes and up to 1 day. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Zucchini - Turn zucchini into 'noodles' with a spiralizer or peel off strips with a peeler. (Note: If you prefer, you can also just cube your zucchini to make a zucchini saute.) (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Tomatoes - Chop tomatoes.
- Heat a skillet with cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add broccoli with some salt and saute until broccoli is nearly tender, ~5 minutes. (Note: If the broccoli florets are large and seem to be cooking slowly, you can add a splash of water to the pan and cover with a lid so that the broccoli steams.)
- Add zucchini to broccoli and saute until tender, ~1 minute for zucchini ‘noodles’ (be sure not to overcook them or they will lose their shape) or 3 to 4 minutes for zucchini cubes. Transfer vegetables to a serving plate and return pan to heat.
- Reduce heat under the pan to medium. Add butter. When butter is melted, add stock, tomatoes, and red pepper flakes. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp (including marinade) to tomatoes. Saute until shrimp is cooked through, ~4 minutes. Squeeze lemon juice over top and season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve shrimp scampi over zucchini noodles and broccoli. Enjoy!