Shrimp Scampiwith zucchini noodles / broccoli
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 1/2 lb
- Garlic - 4 cloves, chopped
- Parsley - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Oil, olive - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Tomatoes, medium - 3, chopped
- Butter - 4 Tbsp
- Stock, any type - 1/4 cup
- Red pepper flakes (opt) - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Broccoli florets - 10 oz, chopped
- Zucchini - 1 lb, spiralized, peeled into strips, or cubed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Shrimp - Defrost shrimp.
- Broccoli / Garlic / Parsley - Prep as directed. Store broccoli in one container. Combine garlic and parsley in another container. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make marinade - Combine garlic, parsley, olive oil, and shrimp. Marinate for at least 20 minutes and up to 1 day. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Zucchini - Turn zucchini into 'noodles' with a spiralizer or peel off strips with a peeler. (Note: If you prefer, you can also just cube your zucchini to make a zucchini saute.) (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Tomatoes - Chop tomatoes.
- Heat a skillet with cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add broccoli with some salt and saute until broccoli is nearly tender, ~5 minutes. (Note: If the broccoli florets are large and seem to be cooking slowly, you can add a splash of water to the pan and cover with a lid so that the broccoli steams.)
- Add zucchini to broccoli and saute until tender, ~1 minute for zucchini ‘noodles’ (be sure not to overcook them or they will lose their shape) or 3 to 4 minutes for zucchini cubes. Transfer vegetables to a serving plate and return pan to heat.
- Reduce heat under the pan to medium. Add butter. When butter is melted, add stock, tomatoes, and red pepper flakes. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp (including marinade) to tomatoes. Saute until shrimp is cooked through, ~4 minutes. Squeeze lemon juice over top and season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve shrimp scampi over zucchini noodles and broccoli. Enjoy!
This meal has 36 reviews
Tasty, but I thought the addition of tomatoes was a bit odd - would have much preferred this to have a strong garlic butter taste. Tomatoes also made the sauce very watery. Definitely opt for fresh parsley instead of dried parsley as well.
This meal was simple and delicious!
Garlicky white beans with tomatoes and broccoli. Buttery yumminess and we always love toasted pine nuts.
Delicious!! I roasted the broccoli and served it on the side
I like the scampi but it didn't seem like there was enough for the amount of pasta and broccoli. Ended up being quite dry.
Really enjoyed this! I made sure to season the veggies generously with salt and pepper while cooking and I might add 1 more clove of garlic next time, but I’ll definitely make again. Great way to use up some garden tomatoes and zucchini.