with angel hair pasta / broccoli
In this fast and easy weeknight meal shrimp is briefly marinated and then cooked in a flavorful mixture of garlic, parsley, and olive oil. Butter, fresh tomatoes, and red pepper flakes are added to make a fresh sauce that is great served over pasta.
Smarts #1: Any type of pasta will work here, but be sure to adjust your cooking time. Angel hair cooks quickly, so fettuccine or spaghetti will take longer.
Smarts #2: Boiling the pasta and broccoli together saves time (and dishes!).
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 lb
- Garlic - 4 cloves, chopped
- Parsley - 1 1/2 Tbsp, chopped
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Tomatoes, medium - 3, chopped
- Butter - 4 Tbsp
- Wine, white - 1/4 cup (sub stock)
- Red pepper flakes (opt) - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Broccoli florets - 10 oz, chopped
- Pasta, angel hair - 10 oz (sub fettuccine or spaghetti)
- Shrimp - Defrost shrimp.
- Broccoli / Garlic / Parsley - Prep as directed. Store broccoli in one container. Combine garlic and parsley in another container. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make marinade - (If prepping right before cooking, get water boiling for pasta when shrimp is nearly finished marinating.) Combine garlic, parsley, oil, and shrimp. Marinate for at least 20 minutes and up to 1 day. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Tomatoes - Chop tomatoes.
- Bring a large stock pot (large enough to hold pasta and broccoli) of water to boil. Salt generously and add pasta. Cook pasta according to package directions. Add broccoli in the last 1 1/2 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- While pasta is boiling, heat a skillet over medium heat. Add butter. When butter is melted, add white wine, tomatoes, and red pepper flakes. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp (including marinade) to tomatoes. Saute until shrimp is cooked through, ~4 minutes. Squeeze lemon juice over top and season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve shrimp scampi over pasta / broccoli. Enjoy!
Easy to make and tasty.0 Helpful
Excellent. I served over polenta instead of pasta. Easy and flavorful sauce.0 Helpful
Really great, easy and flavorful.0 Helpful
Tasty, but I thought the addition of tomatoes was a bit odd - would have much preferred this to have a strong garlic butter taste. Tomatoes also made the sauce very watery. Definitely opt for fresh parsley instead of dried parsley as well.0 Helpful
This meal was simple and delicious!0 Helpful
Garlicky white beans with tomatoes and broccoli. Buttery yumminess and we always love toasted pine nuts.0 Helpful