Summer Chopped Salad
with white beans / cantaloupe / pistachios / feta
- Lettuce, romaine - 2 hearts, chopped
- Cucumbers - 10 oz, chopped
- Cheese, feta - 5 oz, cubed
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped, green and white parts combined
- Cantaloupe - 10 oz, cubed
- Beans, white or cannellini (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Pistachios, shelled - 1/4 cup
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 Tbsp (use large grain / stone ground if you have it)
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 4 Tbsp
- Make vinaigrette - (Skip if vinaigrette was made ahead on Wednesday.) Whisk together vinegar, mustard, and honey. Add oil while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Cucumbers / Feta / Green onions - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Cantaloupe - Cube cantaloupe.
- Beans - Drain and rinse.
- Assemble salads by forming a bed of lettuce. Top lettuce with beans, cucumbers, feta, white and green parts of green onions, cantaloupe, and pistachios. Add vinaigrette until dressed to your liking. Enjoy!
The flavors are such a great combo!0 Helpful
We really enjoyed this salad. We used chickpeas instead of white beans, and I sauteed them in a skillet.0 Helpful
We love this salad! Omitted prosciutto.0 Helpful
Simple and delicious0 Helpful
Such a great combination of flavors!0 Helpful
Wow, loved this salad! Made as directed.0 Helpful