Summer Chopped Saladwith white beans / cantaloupe / pistachios / feta
- Lettuce, romaine - 2 hearts, chopped
- Cucumbers - 10 oz, chopped
- Cheese, feta - 5 oz, cubed
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped, green and white parts combined
- Cantaloupe - 10 oz, cubed
- Beans, white or cannellini (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Pistachios, shelled - 1/4 cup
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 Tbsp (use large grain / stone ground if you have it)
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 4 Tbsp
- Make vinaigrette - (Skip if vinaigrette was made ahead on Wednesday.) Whisk together vinegar, mustard, and honey. Add oil while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Cucumbers / Feta / Green onions - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Cantaloupe - Cube cantaloupe.
- Beans - Drain and rinse.
- Assemble salads by forming a bed of lettuce. Top lettuce with beans, cucumbers, feta, white and green parts of green onions, cantaloupe, and pistachios. Add vinaigrette until dressed to your liking. Enjoy!
We love this salad! Omitted prosciutto.0 Helpful
Simple and delicious0 Helpful
Such a great combination of flavors!0 Helpful
Wow, loved this salad! Made as directed.0 Helpful
Very good we loved the combination! Did not use prosciutto.0 Helpful
Skipped the prosciutto and didn't really miss it, but could definitely see how it would go well in this salad. Restaurant quality variety of ingredients.0 Helpful