Summer Chopped Salad
with white beans / cantaloupe / pistachios / feta
This summery salad (originally from 2018) is perfect for a hot day - no cooking required! Fresh cantaloupe might sound like an unusual ingredient to add to a salad, but it provides a cool, slightly sweet note to balance out the other ingredients.
- Lettuce, romaine - 2 hearts , chopped
- Cucumbers - 10 oz , chopped
- Cheese, feta - 5 oz , cubed
- Green onions - 2 stalks , chopped, green and white parts combined
- Cantaloupe - 10 oz , cubed
- Beans, white or cannellini (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can , drained and rinsed
- Pistachios, shelled - 1/4 cup
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 Tbsp (use large grain / stone ground if you have it)
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 4 Tbsp
Make vinaigrette - (Skip if vinaigrette was made ahead on Wednesday.) Whisk together vinegar, mustard, and honey. Add oil while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Lettuce / Cucumbers / Feta / Green onions - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
Cantaloupe - Cube cantaloupe.
Beans - Drain and rinse.
Assemble salads by forming a bed of lettuce. Top lettuce with beans, cucumbers, feta, white and green parts of green onions, cantaloupe, and pistachios. Add vinaigrette until dressed to your liking. Enjoy!