Summer Chopped Chicken Saladwith cantaloupe / pistachios / feta
Made with leftover grilled chicken from earlier in the week, this summery salad (originally from 2018) is perfect for a hot day - no cooking required! Fresh cantaloupe might sound like an unusual ingredient to add to a salad, but it provides a cool, slightly sweet note to balance out the other ingredients.
- Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Thighs (leftover from Tuesday) - 1 1/4 lbs, chopped
- Prosciutto (opt) - 2 oz, chopped
- Lettuce, romaine - 2 hearts, chopped
- Cucumbers - 10 oz, chopped
- Cheese, feta - 5 oz, cubed
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped, green and white parts combined
- Cantaloupe - 10 oz, cubed
- Pistachios, shelled - 1/4 cup
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 Tbsp (use large grain / stone ground if you have it)
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 4 Tbsp
- Make vinaigrette - (Skip if vinaigrette was made ahead on Wednesday.) Whisk together vinegar, mustard, and honey. Add oil while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Chicken / Prosciutto - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Cucumbers / Feta / Green onions - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Cantaloupe - Cube cantaloupe.
- If you’d like the chicken warm, heat in the microwave.
- Assemble salads by forming a bed of lettuce. Top lettuce with prosciutto, chicken, cucumbers, feta, white and green parts of onions, cantaloupe, and pistachios. Add vinaigrette until dressed to your liking. Enjoy!
This meal has 16 reviews
Simple and delicious
Such a great combination of flavors!
Wow, loved this salad! Made as directed.
Very good we loved the combination! Did not use prosciutto.
Skipped the prosciutto and didn't really miss it, but could definitely see how it would go well in this salad. Restaurant quality variety of ingredients.
Not bad. We liked the pistachios with the salad.