Summer Chopped Chicken Salad
with cantaloupe / pistachios / feta
Made with leftover grilled chicken from earlier in the week, this summery salad (originally from 2018) is perfect for a hot day - no cooking required! Fresh cantaloupe might sound like an unusual ingredient to add to a salad, but it provides a cool, slightly sweet note to balance out the other ingredients.
- Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Thighs (leftover from Tuesday) - 1 1/4 lbs , chopped
- Prosciutto (opt) - 2 oz , chopped
- Lettuce, romaine - 2 hearts , chopped
- Cucumbers - 10 oz , chopped
- Cheese, feta - 5 oz , cubed
- Green onions - 2 stalks , chopped, green and white parts combined
- Cantaloupe - 10 oz , cubed
- Pistachios, shelled - 1/4 cup
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 Tbsp (use large grain / stone ground if you have it)
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 4 Tbsp
Make vinaigrette - (Skip if vinaigrette was made ahead on Wednesday.) Whisk together vinegar, mustard, and honey. Add oil while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Chicken / Prosciutto - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
Lettuce / Cucumbers / Feta / Green onions - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
Cantaloupe - Cube cantaloupe.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
If you’d like the chicken warm, heat in the microwave.
Assemble salads by forming a bed of lettuce. Top lettuce with prosciutto, chicken, cucumbers, feta, white and green parts of onions, cantaloupe, and pistachios. Add vinaigrette until dressed to your liking. Enjoy!