Avocado, Hummus, and Sprouts Sandwichwith honey Dijon green beans
- Tomatoes, medium - 2, sliced (heirloom preferable)
- Lettuce, romaine - 4 leaves, torn
- Avocados - 1, sliced
- Sandwich bread - 8 slices
- Hummus - 6 oz
- Sprouts, alfalfa - 2 oz
- Green beans - 1 lb, trimmed
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 1/2 tsp (use large grain / stone ground if you have it)
- Honey - 1 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Green beans - Trim green beans. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead.)
- Make vinaigrette - (If making Thursday’s meal, make vinaigrette for that night at the same time.) Whisk together vinegar, mustard, and honey. Add oil while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Lettuce / Avocados - Prep as directed. (Tear lettuce leaves so that they are roughly the size of the slices of bread.)
- Place green beans in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave on high until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Toss green beans with vinaigrette (if you made the vinaigrette for Thursday night at the same time, reserve about 2/3 for tomorrow). Season with some salt and pepper.
- Toast bread.
- Assemble sandwiches by spreading hummus on half the bread slices. Top with avocados, tomatoes, lettuce, sprouts, and remaining slices of bread. Serve with green beans on the side and enjoy!
This meal has 17 reviews
It was a hit and tasted delicious.
So glad I made the beans too! Good summer weeknight meal.
The BLT was great, but it was a BLT and nothing unexpected. The BEANS however were dynamite!! I've already made them again. That vinaigrette is fabulous.
Simple, easy sandwich. I used spinach instead of lettuce. We were not a fan of the green bean vinaigrette.
Easy to make, a perfect summer meal.
I used turkey bacon and skipped the green beans. Very tasty!