Nicoise Saladwith tuna / prosciutto / tomatoes / green beans / olives / eggs
- Green beans - 1 lb, trimmed and chopped into 1" / 2.5 cm pieces
- Eggs - 4
- Tomatoes, medium - 1, wedges
- Chives - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Tuna, canned, look for Spanish or Italian varieties packed in olive oil (5 oz / 142 g can) - 2 cans, drained
- Olives, nicoise (sub seedless kalamata) - 1/2 cup, drained and rinsed
- Prosciutto, thinly sliced - 1/4 lb
- Oil, olive - 1 tsp
- Salad greens - 8 oz
- Garlic - 1 clove, chopped
- Vinegar, sherry (sub red or white wine vinegar) - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 4 Tbsp
- Green beans - Trim green beans and chop into 1" / 2.5 cm pieces. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Boil eggs - Cover eggs with cold water in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil and then turn off heat. Put a lid on the pan and let eggs sit in hot water for 11 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Boil green beans - Bring a large stock pot of salted water to a boil. Add green beans and boil until tender, ~5 minutes (depending on thickness of the beans). Drain and rinse under cool water. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Chop garlic. Whisk garlic with vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, and honey. Add olive oil (portion for vinaigrette) while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Chives / Tuna / Olives - Prep as directed. (You can leave the olives whole or slice them if you’d prefer.)
- Eggs - Roll eggs against a hard, flat surface to break up shell and then peel. Slice into quarters.
- Toss green beans with olive oil (the portion for the salad) and chives.
- Assemble salads by topping salad greens with green beans, tomatoes, olives, and eggs. Pull slices of prosciutto apart and break tuna into small pieces as you add them. Finish with vinaigrette just before serving. Enjoy!
This meal has 17 reviews
Delicious, but took me an hour
A great salad! Very filling. We loved the addition of the garlic in the salad dressing. The potatoes and green beans were excellent.
Loved this! Meal prep on Sunday made this super easy tonight. Was nervous about the kids, but they ate it all too. Kept everything separate so it was a great leftover lunch too. Doubled the dressing - glad we did.
Would have loved the potatoes from the original version but cutting carbs. I would omit the prosciutto from this version since I didn't find it necessary.
SO GOOD!!! My husband took the extra step of smashing and browning the boiled potatoes in a cast iron pan to make them crispy, and they were AMAZING in the dressing. It also added a great textural element to the salad. Before this meal, I was a Niçoise salad skeptic. Now I’m a convert!