Nicoise Saladwith chickpeas / tomatoes / green beans / olives / potatoes / eggs
- Beans, garbanzo (14 oz / 387 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 tsp
- Italian seasonings - 1/2 tsp
- Green beans - 1 lb, trimmed and chopped into 1" / 2.5 cm pieces
- Eggs - 4
- Potatoes, baby red or new - 1 lb
- Tomatoes, medium - 1, wedges
- Chives - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Olives, nicoise (sub seedless kalamata) - 1/2 cup, drained and rinsed
- Oil, olive - 1 tsp
- Salad greens - 8 oz
- Garlic - 1 clove, chopped
- Vinegar, sherry (sub red or white wine vinegar) - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 4 Tbsp
- Marinate garbanzo beans - Drain and rinse beans. Toss with balsamic vinegar and Italian seasonings. Marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 3 days. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Green beans - Trim green beans and chop into 1" / 2.5 cm pieces. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Boil eggs - Cover eggs with cold water in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil and then turn off heat. Put a lid on the pan and let eggs sit in hot water for 11 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Boil potatoes and green beans - Bring a large stock pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and reduce heat to a low simmer. Simmer, covered, until potatoes are nearly tender, about 15 minutes (this will vary depending on the size of potatoes, but they should be fairly easy to pierce with a fork before adding green beans). Add green beans to the pot and continue to boil until both the potatoes and beans are very tender, about 5 minutes more. Drain and rinse under cool water. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Chop garlic. Whisk garlic with vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, and honey. Add olive oil (portion for vinaigrette) while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Chives / Olives - Prep as directed. (You can leave the olives whole or slice them if you’d prefer.)
- Eggs - Roll eggs against a hard, flat surface to break up shell and then peel. Slice into quarters.
- Quarter potatoes. Toss potatoes and green beans with olive oil (the portion for the salad) and chives. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Assemble salads by topping salad greens with potatoes and green beans, beans, tomatoes, olives, and eggs. Finish with vinaigrette just before serving. Enjoy!
This meal has 17 reviews
My family loved this interesting and flavorful salad. Will make it again. The potatoes and green beans were a very nice and novel touch.
Much tastier than I expected. The dressing really brought this dish together.
This was pretty good. I didn't really like the Tuna in there to be honest. Tuna was OK the night of, but I typically take the leftovers for work, and the tuna had gotten mighty fishy by then.
I was looking at the nutrition information and some ingredients are missing: tomatoes, olives, dressing and the lettuce. It makes it difficult when I'm doing calorie tracking to not have access to all the information.
It's a really tasty and easy to make dinner. I've made Nicoise many times, but garlic in the dressing was something new that I learned here. Replaced green beans with canned white beans and added Zaatar spread I had on hand to the dressing for some extra flavor.
Loved this! Took awhile to prep, but worth it