Nicoise Saladwith tuna / prosciutto / tomatoes / green beans / olives / eggs
- Green beans - 1 lb, trimmed and chopped into 1" / 2.5 cm pieces
- Eggs - 4
- Tomatoes, medium - 1, wedges
- Chives - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Tuna, canned, look for Spanish or Italian varieties packed in olive oil (5 oz / 142 g can) - 2 cans, drained
- Olives, nicoise (sub seedless kalamata) - 1/2 cup, drained and rinsed
- Prosciutto, thinly sliced - 1/4 lb
- Oil, olive - 1 tsp
- Salad greens - 8 oz
- Garlic - 1 clove, chopped
- Vinegar, sherry (sub red or white wine vinegar) - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 4 Tbsp
- Green beans - Trim green beans and chop into 1" / 2.5 cm pieces. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Boil eggs - Cover eggs with cold water in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil and then turn off heat. Put a lid on the pan and let eggs sit in hot water for 11 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Boil green beans - Bring a large stock pot of salted water to a boil. Add green beans and boil until tender, ~5 minutes (depending on thickness of the beans). Drain and rinse under cool water. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Chop garlic. Whisk garlic with vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, and honey. Add olive oil (portion for vinaigrette) while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Chives / Tuna / Olives - Prep as directed. (You can leave the olives whole or slice them if you’d prefer.)
- Eggs - Roll eggs against a hard, flat surface to break up shell and then peel. Slice into quarters.
- Toss green beans with olive oil (the portion for the salad) and chives.
- Assemble salads by topping salad greens with green beans, tomatoes, olives, and eggs. Pull slices of prosciutto apart and break tuna into small pieces as you add them. Finish with vinaigrette just before serving. Enjoy!
This meal has 17 reviews
My family loved this interesting and flavorful salad. Will make it again. The potatoes and green beans were a very nice and novel touch.
Much tastier than I expected. The dressing really brought this dish together.
This was pretty good. I didn't really like the Tuna in there to be honest. Tuna was OK the night of, but I typically take the leftovers for work, and the tuna had gotten mighty fishy by then.
I was looking at the nutrition information and some ingredients are missing: tomatoes, olives, dressing and the lettuce. It makes it difficult when I'm doing calorie tracking to not have access to all the information.
It's a really tasty and easy to make dinner. I've made Nicoise many times, but garlic in the dressing was something new that I learned here. Replaced green beans with canned white beans and added Zaatar spread I had on hand to the dressing for some extra flavor.
Loved this! Took awhile to prep, but worth it