Nicoise Saladwith tuna / tomatoes / green beans / olives / potatoes / eggs
- Green beans - 1 lb, trimmed and chopped into 1" / 2.5 cm pieces
- Eggs - 4
- Potatoes, baby red or new - 1 lb
- Tomatoes, medium - 1, wedges
- Chives - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Tuna, canned, look for Spanish or Italian varieties packed in olive oil (5 oz / 142 g can) - 2 cans, drained
- Olives, nicoise (sub seedless kalamata) - 1/2 cup, drained and rinsed
- Oil, olive - 1 tsp
- Salad greens - 8 oz
- Garlic - 1 clove, chopped
- Vinegar, sherry (sub red or white wine vinegar) - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 4 Tbsp
- Green beans - Trim green beans and chop into 1" / 2.5 cm pieces. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Boil eggs - Cover eggs with cold water in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil and then turn off heat. Put a lid on the pan and let eggs sit in hot water for 11 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Boil potatoes and green beans - Bring a large stock pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and reduce heat to a low simmer. Simmer, covered, until potatoes are nearly tender, about 15 minutes (this will vary depending on the size of potatoes, but they should be fairly easy to pierce with a fork before adding green beans). Add green beans to the pot and continue to boil until both the potatoes and beans are very tender, about 5 minutes more. Drain and rinse under cool water. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Chop garlic. Whisk garlic with vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, and honey. Add olive oil (portion for vinaigrette) while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Chives / Tuna / Olives - Prep as directed. (You can leave the olives whole or slice them if you’d prefer.)
- Eggs - Roll eggs against a hard, flat surface to break up shell and then peel. Slice into quarters.
- Quarter potatoes. Toss potatoes and green beans with olive oil (the portion for the salad) and chives. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Assemble salads by topping salad greens with potatoes and green beans, tuna (break it into bite-sized pieces as you add it), tomatoes, olives, and eggs. Finish with vinaigrette just before serving. Enjoy!
This meal has 13 reviews
This was so flavorful and I loved the warm veggies with the cold salad. All the textures went so well together. I sound like a foodie in this review and I'm not. ;0 It was very delicious!
Excellent salad that was easy to make. Potatoes, green beans and chives mixture was a great addition to the salad and was what made this salad a satisfying and fulfilling meal.
My family loved this interesting and flavorful salad. Will make it again. The potatoes and green beans were a very nice and novel touch.
Much tastier than I expected. The dressing really brought this dish together.
This was pretty good. I didn't really like the Tuna in there to be honest. Tuna was OK the night of, but I typically take the leftovers for work, and the tuna had gotten mighty fishy by then.
I was looking at the nutrition information and some ingredients are missing: tomatoes, olives, dressing and the lettuce. It makes it difficult when I'm doing calorie tracking to not have access to all the information.