Chicken and Pancetta Saute
with summer squash / tomatoes / fried egg
- Summer squash - 16 oz, chopped (sub zucchini)
- Leeks - 2, white parts chopped
- Pancetta - 4 oz, diced (look for pre-diced pancetta near the deli meat)
- Basil - 8 leaves, chiffonade
- Tomatoes, medium - 2, chopped
- Chicken, ground - 1 lbs (sub any ground meat)
- Coriander, ground - 1/2 tsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Eggs - 4
- Heat a saute pan or wok over medium heat. Add pancetta and saute until pancetta is crisp and golden, ~5 minutes. Transfer pancetta to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Drain off all but 1 Tbsp / 15 mL (for 4 servings; adjust if customizing) of oil (or add a splash of cooking oil if the pan looks dry).
- Add leeks and saute until tender, ~2 minutes.
- Add chicken with some salt and pepper and saute, breaking it apart, until chicken is nearly cooked through, ~5 minutes.
- Add summer squash and saute for 4 to 5 minutes. Add ground coriander, paprika, and tomatoes and saute until spices are fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in lemon juice and pancetta. Set aside, covered to keep warm.
- Heat a nonstick pan with oil over medium heat. Crack eggs into pan and fry until cooked to your liking - on one side for sunny-side up or flip to cook on both sides.
- Divide chicken between serving plates. Top with basil and a fried egg. Season egg with some salt and pepper. Enjoy!
In the GF version it doesn’t tell you when to put the corn into the mix. Delicious even with bacon instead of pancetta and no leeks. I’m not shy with salt and pepper. It had a nice fresh flavor with the basil.0 Helpful
This was pretty bland and lacking for us. For leftovers, I ended up adding cheese, sour cream, and hot sauce, which made it quite good but also a completely different dish.0 Helpful
Pretty easy and quite tasty. It was a big hit with the whole family - in part because we’re big fans of fried eggs at dinner.0 Helpful
Easy and pretty tasty. Used more pancetta and spices than called for.0 Helpful
I thought it lacked flavor.0 Helpful
WAS AWESOME!0 Helpful