Chicken and Pancetta Sautewith summer squash / tomatoes / fried egg
- Summer squash - 16 oz, chopped (sub zucchini)
- Leeks - 2, white parts chopped
- Pancetta - 4 oz, diced (look for pre-diced pancetta near the deli meat)
- Basil - 8 leaves, chiffonade
- Tomatoes, medium - 2, chopped
- Chicken, ground - 1 lbs (sub any ground meat)
- Coriander, ground - 1/2 tsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Eggs - 4
- Heat a saute pan or wok over medium heat. Add pancetta and saute until pancetta is crisp and golden, ~5 minutes. Transfer pancetta to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Drain off all but 1 Tbsp / 15 mL (for 4 servings; adjust if customizing) of oil (or add a splash of cooking oil if the pan looks dry).
- Add leeks and saute until tender, ~2 minutes.
- Add chicken with some salt and pepper and saute, breaking it apart, until chicken is nearly cooked through, ~5 minutes.
- Add summer squash and saute for 4 to 5 minutes. Add ground coriander, paprika, and tomatoes and saute until spices are fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in lemon juice and pancetta. Set aside, covered to keep warm.
- Heat a nonstick pan with oil over medium heat. Crack eggs into pan and fry until cooked to your liking - on one side for sunny-side up or flip to cook on both sides.
- Divide chicken between serving plates. Top with basil and a fried egg. Season egg with some salt and pepper. Enjoy!
This meal has 30 reviews
This was pretty bland and lacking for us. For leftovers, I ended up adding cheese, sour cream, and hot sauce, which made it quite good but also a completely different dish.
Pretty easy and quite tasty. It was a big hit with the whole family - in part because we’re big fans of fried eggs at dinner.
Easy and pretty tasty. Used more pancetta and spices than called for.
I thought it lacked flavor.
I love it. The pancetta is the real key to the dish, and it's delicious.