Leftover Mojo Pork Stuffed Portobello
with cumin-spiced green beans
- Pickles, dill - 4, sliced (look for pre-sliced to save time)
- Mushrooms, portobello - 8, stems removed, gills scraped
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 Tbsp
- Leftover Mojo Pork (from Monday) - ~3 cups (sub sliced ham 2 slices / serving)
- Green beans - 1 lb, trimmed
- Cilantro - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 2 tsp
- Green beans / Pickles (if not pre-sliced) - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating and mushrooms roasting before continuing with prep.) Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Mushrooms - Remove stems and scrape out gills. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Cilantro - Chop cilantro.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C. Place mushrooms onto a sheet pan and brush mushrooms with some oil. Roast for 8 to 10 minutes, until mushrooms are starting to soften.
- Remove mushrooms from oven and dab with paper towels if they released moisture during cooking. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Spoon mustard into mushrooms. Top with pickle slices and then with leftover pork.
- Return pan to oven and continue cooking until mushrooms are very tender and pork is heated through, 8 to 10 minutes more.
- When mushrooms are almost finished cooking, place green beans in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave on high until green beans are tender and bright green, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Toss green beans with cilantro, oil, cumin, and vinegar. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve pork-stuffed portobellos with green beans on the side. Enjoy!
Great flavor to go with the meat (I had venison shoulder instead of pork) and very easy and efficient to use the leftovers from the pork bowls earlier in the week!0 Helpful
Loved this. Being from South Florida, this is comfort food.0 Helpful
A very quick meal, but the pork, pickles, and mushroom was really odd together.0 Helpful
This was easy and fast. Really tasty.0 Helpful
So good! One of my husband's favorite sandwiches and it came together really quickly with the leftover pork. Would love to see that meal combo again in the future!0 Helpful
Amazing! The choice of pickles in the grilled sandwich was an inspired one! I was skeptical, but dill pickled added a ton to the flavour.0 Helpful