Leftover Mojo Pork Cubanowith cumin-spiced green beans
With shredded Mojo pork leftover from earlier in the week, these Cubano sandwiches are a breeze to make. Although we featured the Cubanos back in 2017, we changed things up a bit this time, suggesting sandwich bread (which can be easily pressed between skillets like panini) instead of baguette and serving the sandwiches with flavorful green beans on the side.
- Pickles, dill - 4, sliced (look for pre-sliced to save time)
- Mayonnaise - 3 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 Tbsp
- Bread, sandwich - 8 slices
- Leftover Mojo Pork (from Monday) - ~3 cups (sub sliced ham 2 slices / serving)
- Cheese, Swiss - 4 slices
- Butter - 2 Tbsp + 2 Tbsp
- Green beans - 1 lb, trimmed
- Cilantro - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 2 tsp
- Assemble sandwiches by spreading half the bread slices with mayo / mustard mixture. Top with pork, pickles, cheese, and remaining bread.
- Heat a griddle or grill pan over medium heat. Add first portion of butter and swirl it around in the pan until it melts.
- Place sandwiches on heated pan (if you have a heavy skillet you can place it on top of the sandwiches to press them like a panini press). Grill sandwiches on the first side until golden brown. Add second portion of butter and let it melt around the sandwiches. Flip the sandwiches and continue cooking until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- While sandwiches are cooking, place green beans in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave on high until green beans are tender and bright green, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Toss green beans with cilantro, oil, cumin, and vinegar. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve cubanos with green beans on the side. Enjoy!
This meal has 18 reviews
This was easy and fast. Really tasty.
So good! One of my husband's favorite sandwiches and it came together really quickly with the leftover pork. Would love to see that meal combo again in the future!
Amazing! The choice of pickles in the grilled sandwich was an inspired one! I was skeptical, but dill pickled added a ton to the flavour.
I liked it. My kids don’t care for Swiss so I just used a different cheese for them.
Good and quick to get together. We have enough meat left over to probably do a third meal out of it, too.
Yum! Made these with ham in addition to the mojo pork on bolillo rolls. So easy and delicious! And we are always a fan of green beans.