Pork Chops with Miso Butter
and corn / zucchini / rice
Miso lime butter has become a community favorite and it is the real star in this meal that was first featured in 2018.
Pork Chops with Corn and Zucchini:
- Rice, uncooked white or brown - 3/4 cup
- Garlic - 1 clove , chopped
- Zucchini - 1 lb , sliced into spears
- Corn on the cob - 4 ears
- Pork chops, boneless - 4
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 2 tsp
- Coriander, ground - 1/2 tsp
- Foil - for cooking
Miso Lime Butter:
- Green onions (opt) - 2 stalks , chopped, green and white parts combined
- Butter, unsalted - 4 Tbsp
- Miso - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Rice - For white rice, rinse until clear. Fill a saucepan or Dutch oven (or rice cooker) with rice, water (use 2:1 ratio for water to rice), and some salt. Cover with lid and bring to a boil. Once water boils, stir, lower heat to a low-medium, and cover. Check white rice after ~20 min; brown at ~45 min. Rice is done when it's absorbed all the water. If it's not done, leave the cover on until all water has been absorbed. Take cover off to release steam and fluff with a wooden spoon after 5 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Garlic / Green onions (if using) - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make miso lime butter - Soften butter in microwave for ~10 seconds. Mash in miso, lime juice, and green onions. If you like spice, add in a few drops of your favorite hot sauce. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Zucchini / Corn - Slice zucchini into long spears. Shuck corn. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Pork - Season pork with some salt and pepper and tenderize with a fork. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Marinate zucchini - Whisk together garlic, oil, soy sauce, and ground coriander. Combine with zucchini (in a plastic bag or baking dish). Marinate for 20 minutes. (If using a grill, get grill heating while zucchini marinates.)
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- If making pork on grill: Preheat grill to 500F / 260C degrees. Clean grates and brush with some oil. Sear corn and zucchini (discard marinade) over direct heat. Transfer to indirect heat and allow to cook until tender, turning every few minutes. While corn and zucchini cook, place pork chops over direct heat. Sear for ~3 minutes on each side with the cover closed. Move pork to indirect heat. Close cover and cook pork chops for another 3 to 8 minutes (depends on thickness), until they reach 145F / 63C degrees. Corn, zucchini, and pork should finish cooking at around the same time. Transfer pork to a cutting board and cover with some foil.
- If making pork on stovetop: Bring a large stock pot of water to boil. Add corn and boil until corn is tender, 8 to 10 minutes. While corn boils, heat a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Brush with some oil and add pork chops. Sear pork chops on both sides for 3 minutes. Lower heat to medium, cover with foil, and cook for another 3 to 6 minutes (depends on thickness), until they reach 145F / 63C degrees. Transfer pork to a cutting board and cover with some foil. While pork rests, sear zucchini on all sides (discard marinade) until tender, ~6 minutes total.
- Let pork rest, covered, for 5 minutes and then slice against the grain.
- Reheat rice if made ahead.
- Enjoy pork over rice with zucchini and corn on the side. Serve miso lime butter over everything.