Shrimp and Turkey Chorizo Sautewith zucchini / bell peppers
- Chili powder - 1 tsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Turkey, ground - 1 lb
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 lb
- Zucchini - 12 oz, diced
- Bell peppers, any color - 1, diced
- Onions, medium - 1/2, diced
- Limes - 1, wedges
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Stock, any type - 2/3 cup
- Tomato paste - 3 Tbsp
- Curtido Pickled Cabbage (leftover from Tuesday) - ~2 cups
- Shrimp - Defrost shrimp.
- Make spice mix - Combine chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, coriander, salt, and black pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Zucchini / Bell peppers / Onions - Prep as directed. Store zucchini in one container. Combine bell peppers and onions in another container. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Season turkey - Stir spice mix into turkey. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Limes - Slice limes into wedges.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add oil and then bell peppers and onions. Saute until vegetables are softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add zucchini and saute until zucchini is nearly tender, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Add turkey and saute, breaking it apart, until cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes more.
- Pour stock and tomato paste over vegetables and turkey. Bring to a simmer and add shrimp. Saute everything together until shrimp is opaque and cooked through, ~4 minutes.
- Divide saute between serving bowls. Serve with curtido (leftover from this recipe on the side and lime wedges for squeezing over top. Enjoy!
This meal has 37 reviews
This was easy and like the enchilada skillets, you can change up the vegetables easily.
This was so easy and so delicious!
Easy and tasty. Subbed veggie crumbles for turkey, worked perfect.
Everyone loved this more than me.
Used the Trader Joe’s enchilada sauce and it was amazing with this!
Delicious, and very easy!