Chicken Cutlets with Pan Sauce
and green beans
Chicken Cutlets with Pan Sauce:
- Chives (opt) - 2 tsp , chopped
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 1/2 lb , sliced and pounded thin
- Almond flour / meal - 1/2 cup
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Stock, any type - 1 cup
- Lemon juice - 2 Tbsp
- Arrowroot powder - 2 tsp
- Water - 1 Tbsp
Green Beans and Cauliflower:
- Green beans - 1 lb , trimmed
- Cauliflower - 12 oz , florets
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Lemons - 1 , zest of
- Almonds, sliced - 1/4 cup
- Green beans / Cauliflower - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Chives (if using) - Chop chives. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Chicken - Halve and thin out to about 1/2” / 1.3 cm thickness. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Prep breading - Whisk together almond flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Bring a large stock pot of water to boil. Salt generously and add cauliflower and green beans. Simmer until cauliflower and green beans are tender (they should finish cooking at the same time). Drain.
- While cauliflower and green beans are boiling, heat a skillet over medium heat. Add oil. Working in batches if needed, quickly coat chicken in breading (shake off excess) and transfer chicken to heated oil.
- Sear chicken on both sides until golden brown and cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes total. Set chicken aside and cover to keep warm.
- When all of the chicken is cooked, return pan to heat and add stock and lemon juice, scraping up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Simmer sauce until it reduces by half, 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk arrowroot powder with water. Add the arrowroot mixture to the pan and simmer everything until a thickened sauce forms. Turn off the heat and stir in chives. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss cauliflower and green beans with butter and lemon zest. Season with some salt and pepper. Top with almonds.
- Serve chicken with pan sauce on top. Enjoy cauliflower and green beans on the side.