Arugula and Mushroom Eggs Benedictwith smoky paprika aioli / stone fruit
- Mayonnaise - 4 Tbsp
- Hot sauce - 2 tsp
- Paprika, smoked - 1/4 tsp
- Mushrooms, any button - 8 oz, sliced (look for pre-sliced to save time)
- English muffins - 4, halved
- Eggs - 8
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 tsp + 2 tsp
- Arugula - 1 oz
- Oil, olive - 1 tsp
- Stone fruit - 1 lb, sliced (use any combination of peaches, plums, or apricots)
- Mint, fresh - 4 leaves, chopped
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Make smoky paprika aioli - Whisk together mayonnaise, hot sauce, and paprika. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Mushrooms (if not pre-sliced) - Slice. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- English muffins - Slice in half (if not pre-sliced).
- Stone fruit / Mint - Prep as directed. Toss together to combine.
- Eggs - Crack each egg into a small ramekin or teacup. (Don’t skip this step as it will help you to transfer all the eggs to hot water quickly so they cook evenly.)
- Transfer stone fruit and mint to a serving plate and drizzle with honey.
- Line a plate with paper towels and set it near the stove.
- Heat a wok or skillet with cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and saute until mushrooms are tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add first portion of vinegar and some salt and pepper. Set mushrooms aside.
- Fill a large saute pan with water. Add second portion of vinegar (note: a little vinegar in the water helps the eggs to hold their shape). Heat over high heat until water begins to simmer (a few small bubbles rising from the bottom).
- Gently tip each egg into the simmering water so that none are touching.
- Simmer eggs to your desired degree of doneness - for cooked whites and soft yolks this should take 4 to 5 minutes (if unsure, remove one of the eggs and test it).
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer eggs to paper towel.
- Toast English muffins.
- Toss arugula with olive oil and some black pepper.
- Assemble Eggs Benedict by topping English muffins with aioli, mushrooms, arugula, and then eggs.
- Season eggs with some salt and pepper. Serve Eggs Benedict with stone fruit on the side. Enjoy!
This meal has 23 reviews
Really tasty and quick to make.
So easy and sooo good! I hate hollandaise so this was a treat for me. Will have to make a little less spicy for kiddos. Love breakfast for dinner.
This recipe was easy to put together and yummy, although we weren't huge fans of the aioli. I didn't know what stone fruit was so substituted peaches. I was skeptical how the peaches, honey, and mint would turn out but it was so good that it was devoured quickly!! I need more practice poaching eggs, they didn't turn out the best, but still good though.
Tasty! And technically I can make it at work, so it wins. I definitely need more practice poaching eggs in the microwave..
Fat, salt, and acid; Everything you need to build a delicious meal. Very simple to make and big on flavor. Ate it for dinner and I’ll certainly be having it for breakfast tomorrow.