Arugula and Mushroom Eggs Benedict
with smoky paprika aioli / stone fruit
- Mayonnaise - 4 Tbsp
- Hot sauce - 2 tsp
- Paprika, smoked - 1/4 tsp
- Mushrooms, any button - 8 oz, sliced (look for pre-sliced to save time)
- English muffins - 4, halved
- Eggs - 8
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 tsp + 2 tsp
- Arugula - 1 oz
- Oil, olive - 1 tsp
- Stone fruit - 1 lb, sliced (use any combination of peaches, plums, or apricots)
- Mint, fresh - 4 leaves, chopped
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Make smoky paprika aioli - Whisk together mayonnaise, hot sauce, and paprika. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Mushrooms (if not pre-sliced) - Slice. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- English muffins - Slice in half (if not pre-sliced).
- Stone fruit / Mint - Prep as directed. Toss together to combine.
- Eggs - Crack each egg into a small ramekin or teacup. (Don’t skip this step as it will help you to transfer all the eggs to hot water quickly so they cook evenly.)
- Transfer stone fruit and mint to a serving plate and drizzle with honey.
- Line a plate with paper towels and set it near the stove.
- Heat a wok or skillet with cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and saute until mushrooms are tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add first portion of vinegar and some salt and pepper. Set mushrooms aside.
- Fill a large saute pan with water. Add second portion of vinegar (note: a little vinegar in the water helps the eggs to hold their shape). Heat over high heat until water begins to simmer (a few small bubbles rising from the bottom).
- Gently tip each egg into the simmering water so that none are touching.
- Simmer eggs to your desired degree of doneness - for cooked whites and soft yolks this should take 4 to 5 minutes (if unsure, remove one of the eggs and test it).
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer eggs to paper towel.
- Toast English muffins.
- Toss arugula with olive oil and some black pepper.
- Assemble Eggs Benedict by topping English muffins with aioli, mushrooms, arugula, and then eggs.
- Season eggs with some salt and pepper. Serve Eggs Benedict with stone fruit on the side. Enjoy!
Really tasty and quick to make.0 Helpful
So easy and sooo good! I hate hollandaise so this was a treat for me. Will have to make a little less spicy for kiddos. Love breakfast for dinner.0 Helpful
This recipe was easy to put together and yummy, although we weren't huge fans of the aioli. I didn't know what stone fruit was so substituted peaches. I was skeptical how the peaches, honey, and mint would turn out but it was so good that it was devoured quickly!! I need more practice poaching eggs, they didn't turn out the best, but still good though.0 Helpful
So good!0 Helpful
Tasty! And technically I can make it at work, so it wins. I definitely need more practice poaching eggs in the microwave..0 Helpful
Fat, salt, and acid; Everything you need to build a delicious meal. Very simple to make and big on flavor. Ate it for dinner and I’ll certainly be having it for breakfast tomorrow.0 Helpful