Arugula and Mushroom Eggs Benedictwith smoky paprika aioli / stone fruit
- Mayonnaise - 4 Tbsp
- Hot sauce - 2 tsp
- Paprika, smoked - 1/4 tsp
- Mushrooms, any button - 8 oz, sliced (look for pre-sliced to save time)
- English muffins - 4, halved
- Eggs - 8
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 tsp + 2 tsp
- Arugula - 1 oz
- Oil, olive - 1 tsp
- Stone fruit - 1 lb, sliced (use any combination of peaches, plums, or apricots)
- Mint, fresh - 4 leaves, chopped
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Make smoky paprika aioli - Whisk together mayonnaise, hot sauce, and paprika. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Mushrooms (if not pre-sliced) - Slice. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- English muffins - Slice in half (if not pre-sliced).
- Stone fruit / Mint - Prep as directed. Toss together to combine.
- Eggs - Crack each egg into a small ramekin or teacup. (Don’t skip this step as it will help you to transfer all the eggs to hot water quickly so they cook evenly.)
- Transfer stone fruit and mint to a serving plate and drizzle with honey.
- Line a plate with paper towels and set it near the stove.
- Heat a wok or skillet with cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and saute until mushrooms are tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add first portion of vinegar and some salt and pepper. Set mushrooms aside.
- Fill a large saute pan with water. Add second portion of vinegar (note: a little vinegar in the water helps the eggs to hold their shape). Heat over high heat until water begins to simmer (a few small bubbles rising from the bottom).
- Gently tip each egg into the simmering water so that none are touching.
- Simmer eggs to your desired degree of doneness - for cooked whites and soft yolks this should take 4 to 5 minutes (if unsure, remove one of the eggs and test it).
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer eggs to paper towel.
- Toast English muffins.
- Toss arugula with olive oil and some black pepper.
- Assemble Eggs Benedict by topping English muffins with aioli, mushrooms, arugula, and then eggs.
- Season eggs with some salt and pepper. Serve Eggs Benedict with stone fruit on the side. Enjoy!
Added some cherry tomatoes. Very tasty0 Helpful
This was easy and tasty. It is super hot here and I did the bacon on the grill and did the eggs with the sous vide. I really liked the aioli. Also grilled the peaches and served with honey and greek yogurt. Yum!0 Helpful
Didn't enjoy this at all. It was barely any food, so I made toast to go with it (we're very casual about the Paleo recipes).0 Helpful
Used turkey bacon so it would be healthier for the hubs. The aioli took it to the next level.0 Helpful
The Paleo version was very good but we like eggs for breakfast. The mushrooms, arugula and bacon made it all the better! Will make again.0 Helpful
This was delicious and easy!0 Helpful