Lamb Fattoush Saladwith bell peppers / walnuts / creamy tahini dressing
We try not to play favorites with our entree salads, but this one always seems to hit the right balance of flavor and texture. Our community gave this recipe that was featured in 2018 high marks for the flavorful spices in the lamb, the crunch from walnuts, and the creamy dressing.
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Water - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Tahini - 2 Tbsp (sub almond butter)
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Bell peppers, any color - 1, diced
- Walnuts, halves or pieces - 1/2 cup
- Lamb, ground - 1 lb (sub any ground meat)
- Paprika, smoked - 1 tsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander, ground - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Cinnamon - 1/4 tsp
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, chopped
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 1 cup, halved
- Mint, fresh - 6 leaves, chiffonade
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Salad greens - 8 oz
- Make creamy tahini dressing - Peel and chop garlic. Combine garlic, lemon juice, water, olive oil, tahini, and honey. Whisk until smooth. (For a smooth, creamy dressing, blend with an immersion blender.) (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Bell peppers - Dice bell peppers. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Walnuts - If you’d like the walnuts toasted, toast in a dry skillet until golden and fragrant, 2 to 4 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Season lamb - Combine lamb with paprika, cumin, coriander, salt, black pepper, and cinnamon. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Cucumbers / Tomatoes / Mint - Prep as directed.
- Heat a skillet with cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add lamb and saute until cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Toss together salad greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers, and mint. Divide between serving bowls.
- Top salads with lamb and walnuts. Add dressing until dressed to your liking. Enjoy!
This meal has 23 reviews
Delicious. Kids loved dressing. Super fast Skipped lettuce.
Wonderful flavour. Quick and easy to put together.
Good! Although I would probably just use chicken instead of lamb in the future.
Loved this! Also subbed ground turkey for the lamb, worked out great! I somehow forgot to add the olive oil to the dressing and it still turned out good! We also just tore up fresh pieces of pita, I liked the soft bread (not a fan of crunchy pita chips).
Made fresh pitta chips, really nice salad very quick to make.
So good, so easy. I loved the dressing and the spices for the chickpeas. Will definitely be stealing those ideas for other salads.