Lamb Fattoush Saladwith feta / pita chips / creamy tahini dressing
We try not to play favorites with our entree salads, but this one always seems to hit the right balance of flavor and texture. Our community gave this recipe that was featured in 2018 high marks for the flavorful spices in the lamb, the crunch from pita chips, and the creamy dressing.
Smarts: Crumble the pita chips over the salad right before serving so they retain some crunch.
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Water - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Tahini - 2 Tbsp (sub plain yogurt)
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Lamb, ground - 1 lb (sub any ground meat)
- Paprika, smoked - 1 tsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander, ground - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Cinnamon - 1/4 tsp
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, chopped
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 1 cup, halved
- Mint, fresh - 6 leaves, chiffonade
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Salad greens - 8 oz
- Cheese, feta - 4 oz, crumbled
- Pita chips - 2 cups, crumbled
- Make creamy tahini dressing - Peel and chop garlic. Combine garlic, lemon juice, water, olive oil, tahini, and honey. Whisk until smooth. (For a smooth, creamy dressing, blend with an immersion blender.) (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Season lamb - Combine lamb with paprika, cumin, coriander, salt, black pepper, and cinnamon. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Cucumbers / Tomatoes / Mint - Prep as directed.
- Heat a skillet with cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add lamb and saute until cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Toss together salad greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, and mint. Divide between serving bowls.
- Top salads with lamb, feta cheese, and crumbled pita chips. Add dressing until dressed to your liking. Enjoy!
This meal has 23 reviews
This was amazing!! easy after weekend prep. I fried up flour tortilla shells instead of pita.
This was very easy and tasty - we loved the lamb! Note that the pita chips don’t keep well for leftovers, even without dressing - so best to only add them right before eating. Some extra dressing wouldn’t be bad either.
So good as vegetarian.
I love fattoush! This was one of the better recipes I have made. But I think when I make it again I will up the mint content.
This one was a hit! Made it with pork instead of lamb and substituted garam masala for the coriander because I ran out a couple days ago. Everything was flavorful and easy.
The spice mix in the lamb was so flavorful as was the tahini dressing. A company-worthy salad.