Lamb Fattoush Saladwith feta / pita chips / creamy tahini dressing
We try not to play favorites with our entree salads, but this one always seems to hit the right balance of flavor and texture. Our community gave this recipe that was featured in 2018 high marks for the flavorful spices in the lamb, the crunch from pita chips, and the creamy dressing.
Smarts: Crumble the pita chips over the salad right before serving so they retain some crunch.
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Water - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Tahini - 2 Tbsp (sub plain yogurt)
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Lamb, ground - 1 lb (sub any ground meat)
- Paprika, smoked - 1 tsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander, ground - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Cinnamon - 1/4 tsp
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, chopped
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 1 cup, halved
- Mint, fresh - 6 leaves, chiffonade
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Salad greens - 8 oz
- Cheese, feta - 4 oz, crumbled
- Pita chips - 2 cups, crumbled
- Make creamy tahini dressing - Peel and chop garlic. Combine garlic, lemon juice, water, olive oil, tahini, and honey. Whisk until smooth. (For a smooth, creamy dressing, blend with an immersion blender.) (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Season lamb - Combine lamb with paprika, cumin, coriander, salt, black pepper, and cinnamon. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Cucumbers / Tomatoes / Mint - Prep as directed.
- Heat a skillet with cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add lamb and saute until cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Toss together salad greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, and mint. Divide between serving bowls.
- Top salads with lamb, feta cheese, and crumbled pita chips. Add dressing until dressed to your liking. Enjoy!
This meal has 20 reviews
Loved this! Also subbed ground turkey for the lamb, worked out great! I somehow forgot to add the olive oil to the dressing and it still turned out good! We also just tore up fresh pieces of pita, I liked the soft bread (not a fan of crunchy pita chips).
Made fresh pitta chips, really nice salad very quick to make.
So good, so easy. I loved the dressing and the spices for the chickpeas. Will definitely be stealing those ideas for other salads.
Could not stop eating it! Really like the cinnamon.
I liked that it was so fast to do. I could not find lamb so we did turkey; but it turn out great. The dressing was ok but not stellar.
I used the almond butter substitution and it was delicious!