Lentil and Sausage Stuffed Tomatoes
with persimmon and spinach salad
Turning tomatoes into little bowls is a great fun treat and is so easy when the filling is already made. Tuesday's leftover lentil sausage soup makes a quick filling and all you need to do is core the tomatoes and throw together an easy salad featuring seasonal persimmons.
Lentil and Sausage Stuffed Tomatoes:
- Tomatoes - 4 , cored ((choose a large tomato like a beefsteak))
- Leftover lentil and sausage soup - 2 cups
- Fresh mozzarella ball (opt) - 4 oz , sliced
Persimmon Spinach Salad:
- Persimmons - 1 to 2 , sliced thinly ((if you can't find them, substitute your favorite fruit in a salad))
- Balsamic vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 1 tsp
- Olive oil - 3 Tbsp
- Baby spinach - 4 oz
- Fresh mozzarella ball (opt) - 4 oz , cubed
- Tomatoes - Core. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
Persimmons - Slice thinly as pictured.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Preheat oven to 375F (191C) degrees.
- Place tomatoes into a baking dish. Drizzle with some olive oil and then fill with leftover lentil and sausage soup (if it's really soupy, drain some of the liquid first). Bake for 20 minutes. If using mozzarella, add it in the last 5 minutes of baking.
- Whisk together vinegar, Dijon, and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss with persimmons, baby spinach, and mozzarella if using. Enjoy with baked tomatoes.