Lentil and Sausage Stuffed Tomatoes
with persimmon and spinach salad
- Tomatoes - 4, cored ((choose a large tomato like a beefsteak))
- Leftover lentil and sausage soup - 2 cups
- Fresh mozzarella ball (opt) - 4 oz, sliced
- Persimmons - 1 to 2, sliced thinly ((if you can't find them, substitute your favorite fruit in a salad))
- Balsamic vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 1 tsp
- Olive oil - 3 Tbsp
- Baby spinach - 4 oz
- Fresh mozzarella ball (opt) - 4 oz, cubed
- Preheat oven to 375F (191C) degrees.
- Place tomatoes into a baking dish. Drizzle with some olive oil and then fill with leftover lentil and sausage soup (if it's really soupy, drain some of the liquid first). Bake for 20 minutes. If using mozzarella, add it in the last 5 minutes of baking.
- Whisk together vinegar, Dijon, and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss with persimmons, baby spinach, and mozzarella if using. Enjoy with baked tomatoes.
Probably would have been good to salt and pepper the tomato before baking. Since the soup was just okay, the overall dish was just okay.0 Helpful
Liked the salad (used apples). The tomatoes were a bit too tomatoe-y for me.0 Helpful
Not my favorite.... even though I love tomatoes. Was in between 1 and 2 stars. I chose 1 because I won't make it again.0 Helpful
I should have cooked them a bit longer -- they were warm, but not hot :)0 Helpful
I sort of made this--I forgot to buy the tomatoes, so I reheated the soup and served it as a stew with melted mozz on top. I still call it a success! The salad was so simple and delicious.0 Helpful