Za'atar Pork Tenderloin
with arugula and radish salad
Smarts: This recipe takes advantage of the time needed to rest the pork after cooking by whisking up a quick pan sauce. Feel free to add some hot sauce or other spices to the basic recipe provided for pan sauce to make it your own.
- Za'atar - 1 Tbsp
- Garlic powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Pork tenderloin - 1 1/2 lbs
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Stock, any type - 1/2 cup + 1/2 cup
- Foil - for roasting
- Butter - 3 Tbsp
- Arrowroot powder - 1 tsp
- Radishes - 6, thinly sliced
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Arugula - 5 oz
- Almonds, sliced - 1/4 cup
- Heat oven 425F / 218C.
- Heat an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then pork. Sear on all sides for 2 to 3 minutes each, until golden brown.
- Pour first portion of stock into skillet, cover loosely with foil, and bake in the oven for 16 to 20 minutes or until pork reaches 145F / 63C degrees.
- While pork is roasting, in a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, and honey. Add olive oil while whisking. Top vinaigrette with arugula, radishes, and almonds. Set aside.
- Transfer cooked pork to a cutting board (leave cooking liquid in the skillet) and let rest, covered with foil, for 10 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to stovetop (carefully - the handle will be very hot!) over medium-high heat. Add butter and then arrowroot powder to melted butter. Stir until no dry spots remain.
- Add second portion of stock while whisking. Simmer until sauce thickens, ~2 minutes.
- Just before serving, slice pork and toss salad.
- Serve pork with pan sauce spooned over top. Enjoy salad on the side.
This was a nice easy weeknight meal.0 Helpful
Nixed the yoghurt and doubled up on salad0 Helpful
So amazing! This is the kind of dish I’ll keep in mind for guests because it seems fancy but it’s actually pretty simple. I added green apples to the salad instead of radishes and toasted the almonds. Sooo good!0 Helpful
Very easy to make! Makes a great light summer dinner.0 Helpful
So so easy and delicious.0 Helpful
Also used naan. Loved this and how easy it is.0 Helpful