Arugula and Goat Cheese Flatbreadwith fried egg / Greek yogurt with berries
- Garlic - 1 clove, chopped
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp
- Za'atar - 2 tsp
- Arugula - 4 oz
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 tsp
- Pita bread rounds - 4 (sub naan or any flatbread)
- Goat cheese - 6 oz, crumbled (sub feta)
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Eggs - 4
- Black pepper - for serving
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 2 cups
- Berries, any type - 1 pint
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Make garlic oil - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Chop garlic. Combine garlic with first part of olive oil and za’atar. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Prep yogurt - Divide yogurt between serving bowls. Top with berries and drizzle with honey.
- Heat oven 425F / 218C.
- While oven is heating, toss arugula with second part of olive oil and vinegar.
- Place pita rounds in a single layer on a sheet pan.
- Brush top of pita rounds with garlic oil. Crumble goat cheese on top. Transfer to oven and bake until flatbreads are golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- While pita is baking, heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add cooking oil and crack eggs into heated oil. Fry eggs until done to your liking - on one side for sunny-side up or flip for over easy.
- As soon as pita comes out of the oven, transfer to serving plates and top each with arugula, a bit of black pepper, and then eggs.
- Serve flatbread with yogurt / berries on the side. Eat flatbread with a fork and knife. Enjoy!
Made it for breakfast on a Saturday. Wife loved it! She even said "i can name all the ingredients without a list" (which means it's easy).0 Helpful
This was really easy and light. The flavors were simple, but delicious. Used naan.0 Helpful
Used naan. Great summer meal.0 Helpful
Loved the pork with sauce. Quick, easy and yummy! The salad was good too. Would definitely make this version again!0 Helpful
We used naan and this was awesome!! I couldn't find za'atar at the grocery store, so I found a recipe to make za'atar online and used what we had on hand to make a substitute. I definitely want to find some real za'atar at the international market soon and make it again though!0 Helpful
Used pitta, delicious!0 Helpful