Arugula and Goat Cheese Flatbreadwith fried egg / Greek yogurt with berries
- Garlic - 1 clove, chopped
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp
- Za'atar - 2 tsp
- Arugula - 4 oz
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 tsp
- Pita bread rounds - 4 (sub naan or any flatbread)
- Goat cheese - 6 oz, crumbled (sub feta)
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Eggs - 4
- Black pepper - for serving
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 2 cups
- Berries, any type - 1 pint
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Make garlic oil - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Chop garlic. Combine garlic with first part of olive oil and za’atar. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Prep yogurt - Divide yogurt between serving bowls. Top with berries and drizzle with honey.
- Heat oven 425F / 218C.
- While oven is heating, toss arugula with second part of olive oil and vinegar.
- Place pita rounds in a single layer on a sheet pan.
- Brush top of pita rounds with garlic oil. Crumble goat cheese on top. Transfer to oven and bake until flatbreads are golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- While pita is baking, heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add cooking oil and crack eggs into heated oil. Fry eggs until done to your liking - on one side for sunny-side up or flip for over easy.
- As soon as pita comes out of the oven, transfer to serving plates and top each with arugula, a bit of black pepper, and then eggs.
- Serve flatbread with yogurt / berries on the side. Eat flatbread with a fork and knife. Enjoy!
This meal has 19 reviews
This was outstanding and really easy. The paleo version is zaatar rubbed pork tenderloin. Don’t skip the pan sauce. The arugula salad on the side was a great pairing. Will definitely make again.
Yum! Followed exactly, simple but a lot of flavor
We used naan, spinach, and feta. Thoroughly enjoyed!
Really enjoyed this!! Had a lemon goat cheese that was awesome. Skipped the yogurt/berries and loved how quickly it all came together!
I used naan as well. This was easy and tasty, great for summer!
Made it for breakfast on a Saturday. Wife loved it! She even said "i can name all the ingredients without a list" (which means it's easy).