Arugula and Goat Cheese Flatbread
with fried egg / Greek yogurt with berries
Arugula and Goat Cheese Flatbread with Za’atar:
- Garlic - 1 clove , chopped
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp
- Za'atar - 2 tsp
- Arugula - 4 oz
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 tsp
- Pita bread rounds - 4 (sub naan or any flatbread)
- Goat cheese - 6 oz , crumbled (sub feta)
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Eggs - 4
- Black pepper - for serving
Greek Yogurt with Honey and Berries:
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 2 cups
- Berries, any type - 1 pint
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Make garlic oil - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Chop garlic. Combine garlic with first part of olive oil and za’atar. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Prep yogurt - Divide yogurt between serving bowls. Top with berries and drizzle with honey.
- Heat oven 425F / 218C.
- While oven is heating, toss arugula with second part of olive oil and vinegar.
- Place pita rounds in a single layer on a sheet pan.
- Brush top of pita rounds with garlic oil. Crumble goat cheese on top. Transfer to oven and bake until flatbreads are golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- While pita is baking, heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add cooking oil and crack eggs into heated oil. Fry eggs until done to your liking - on one side for sunny-side up or flip for over easy.
- As soon as pita comes out of the oven, transfer to serving plates and top each with arugula, a bit of black pepper, and then eggs.
- Serve flatbread with yogurt / berries on the side. Eat flatbread with a fork and knife. Enjoy!