Arugula and Goat Cheese Flatbread
with fried egg / Greek yogurt with berries
Inspired by a similar recipe from 2018, we're topping this simple flatbread with fresh arugula and a fried egg.
Arugula and Goat Cheese Flatbread with Za’atar:
- Garlic - 1 clove , chopped
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp
- Za'atar - 2 tsp
- Arugula - 4 oz
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 tsp
- Pita bread rounds - 4 (sub naan or any flatbread)
- Goat cheese - 6 oz , crumbled (sub feta)
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Eggs - 4
- Black pepper - for serving
Greek Yogurt with Honey and Berries:
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 2 cups
- Berries, any type - 1 pint
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Make garlic oil - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Chop garlic. Combine garlic with first part of olive oil and za’atar. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Prep yogurt - Divide yogurt between serving bowls. Top with berries and drizzle with honey.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat oven 425F / 218C.
- While oven is heating, toss arugula with second part of olive oil and vinegar.
- Place pita rounds in a single layer on a sheet pan.
- Brush top of pita rounds with garlic oil. Crumble goat cheese on top. Transfer to oven and bake until flatbreads are golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- While pita is baking, heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add cooking oil and crack eggs into heated oil. Fry eggs until done to your liking - on one side for sunny-side up or flip for over easy.
- As soon as pita comes out of the oven, transfer to serving plates and top each with arugula, a bit of black pepper, and then eggs.
- Serve flatbread with yogurt / berries on the side. Eat flatbread with a fork and knife. Enjoy!