Arugula and Goat Cheese Flatbread
with fried egg / Greek yogurt with berries
- Garlic - 1 clove, chopped
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp
- Za'atar - 2 tsp
- Arugula - 4 oz
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 tsp
- Pita bread rounds - 4 (sub naan or any flatbread)
- Goat cheese - 6 oz, crumbled (sub feta)
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Eggs - 4
- Black pepper - for serving
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 2 cups
- Berries, any type - 1 pint
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Make garlic oil - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Chop garlic. Combine garlic with first part of olive oil and za’atar. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Prep yogurt - Divide yogurt between serving bowls. Top with berries and drizzle with honey.
- Heat oven 425F / 218C.
- While oven is heating, toss arugula with second part of olive oil and vinegar.
- Place pita rounds in a single layer on a sheet pan.
- Brush top of pita rounds with garlic oil. Crumble goat cheese on top. Transfer to oven and bake until flatbreads are golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- While pita is baking, heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add cooking oil and crack eggs into heated oil. Fry eggs until done to your liking - on one side for sunny-side up or flip for over easy.
- As soon as pita comes out of the oven, transfer to serving plates and top each with arugula, a bit of black pepper, and then eggs.
- Serve flatbread with yogurt / berries on the side. Eat flatbread with a fork and knife. Enjoy!
This was a nice easy weeknight meal.0 Helpful
Nixed the yoghurt and doubled up on salad0 Helpful
So amazing! This is the kind of dish I’ll keep in mind for guests because it seems fancy but it’s actually pretty simple. I added green apples to the salad instead of radishes and toasted the almonds. Sooo good!0 Helpful
Very easy to make! Makes a great light summer dinner.0 Helpful
So so easy and delicious.0 Helpful
Also used naan. Loved this and how easy it is.0 Helpful