Arugula and Goat Cheese Flatbreadwith fried egg / Greek yogurt with berries
- Garlic - 1 clove, chopped
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp
- Za'atar - 2 tsp
- Arugula - 4 oz
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 tsp
- Pita bread rounds - 4 (sub naan or any flatbread)
- Goat cheese - 6 oz, crumbled (sub feta)
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Eggs - 4
- Black pepper - for serving
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 2 cups
- Berries, any type - 1 pint
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Make garlic oil - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Chop garlic. Combine garlic with first part of olive oil and za’atar. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Prep yogurt - Divide yogurt between serving bowls. Top with berries and drizzle with honey.
- Heat oven 425F / 218C.
- While oven is heating, toss arugula with second part of olive oil and vinegar.
- Place pita rounds in a single layer on a sheet pan.
- Brush top of pita rounds with garlic oil. Crumble goat cheese on top. Transfer to oven and bake until flatbreads are golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- While pita is baking, heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add cooking oil and crack eggs into heated oil. Fry eggs until done to your liking - on one side for sunny-side up or flip for over easy.
- As soon as pita comes out of the oven, transfer to serving plates and top each with arugula, a bit of black pepper, and then eggs.
- Serve flatbread with yogurt / berries on the side. Eat flatbread with a fork and knife. Enjoy!
This meal has 19 reviews
Very easy to make! Makes a great light summer dinner.
So so easy and delicious.
Also used naan. Loved this and how easy it is.
So good for how easy it was! We'll definitely be keeping around for weeks when we have a few leftover pita. And as a bonus, we discovered that yogurt is great with honey! I otherwise don't particularly like yogurt, but I always feel like I should eat more of it, and honey will actually make that feasible.
My third meal from cooksmarts. Absolutely amazing. Easy to prepare. The flavors are awesome. I felt like I was eating in a restaurant. This recipe is a keeper!
This is amazing! All the flavors work so well together. It was too hot to use the oven, so I heated the flatbread on the griddle for a few minutes. Still worked great.