with vegetable stir-fry
Sesame Stir-Fry Sauce:
- Garlic - 3 cloves , chopped
- Water - 5 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 1/4 cup
- Vinegar, rice - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Hot sauce - 2 tsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 tsp
Sesame Beef and Vegetable Stir-Fry:
- Steak, skirt or flank - 1 1/2 lb , thinly sliced against the grain
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 1 Tbsp
- Carrots - 12 oz , thinly sliced
- Bell peppers, red - 1/2 , finely diced
- Green beans - 1 lb , sliced into 1” / 2.5 cm pieces
- Green onions - 2 stalks , chopped, green and white parts separate
- Limes - 1 , wedges
- Water - 2 Tbsp
- Arrowroot powder - 1 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Hot sauce (opt) - for serving
- Steak - Thinly slice steak against the grain. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Marinate steak - Combine steak with aminos and rice vinegar (portions for stir-fry). Marinate for at least 20 minutes and up to 1 day. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Garlic / Carrots / Bell peppers / Green beans - Prep as directed. Store garlic in one container. Combine carrots, bell peppers, and green beans in another container. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make sauce - Combine garlic, water (portion for sauce), honey, aminos (portion for sauce), vinegar (portion for sauce), hot sauce, and sesame oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Green onions / Limes - Prep as directed.
- Whisk together water (portion for stir-fry) and arrowroot powder to make a slurry.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add first part of cooking oil and then carrots, bell peppers, and green beans with a pinch of salt. Saute until vegetables are tender, 4 to 6 minutes. (Add a splash of water if the pan starts to look dry during cooking.) Add white parts of green onions and saute for 1 minute more.
- Transfer vegetables to a serving plate and return wok to heat.
- Add second part of cooking oil. Drain marinade off steak and add steak to heated wok. Saute until steak is nearly cooked through, ~3 minutes.
- Pour sauce over steak and bring to a simmer. Add arrowroot powder slurry to simmering liquid. Continue cooking until sauce thickens, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Serve steak and sauce over vegetables with green parts of green onions on top and lime wedges on the side. Add some more hot sauce, if you’d like. Enjoy!