with vegetable stir-fry
This quick and easy stir-fry might come together fast, but it isn't short on flavor.
Smarts: A two-ingredient marinade adds flavor and tenderizes the beef. Even 20 minutes of marinating time will pay off, but overnight is best.
- Garlic - 3 cloves, chopped
- Water - 5 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 1/4 cup
- Vinegar, rice - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Hot sauce - 2 tsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 tsp
- Steak, skirt or flank - 1 1/2 lb, thinly sliced against the grain
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 1 Tbsp
- Carrots - 12 oz, thinly sliced
- Bell peppers, red - 1/2, finely diced
- Green beans - 1 lb, sliced into 1” / 2.5 cm pieces
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped, green and white parts separate
- Limes - 1, wedges
- Water - 2 Tbsp
- Arrowroot powder - 1 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Hot sauce (opt) - for serving
- Steak - Thinly slice steak against the grain. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Marinate steak - Combine steak with aminos and rice vinegar (portions for stir-fry). Marinate for at least 20 minutes and up to 1 day. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Garlic / Carrots / Bell peppers / Green beans - Prep as directed. Store garlic in one container. Combine carrots, bell peppers, and green beans in another container. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make sauce - Combine garlic, water (portion for sauce), honey, aminos (portion for sauce), vinegar (portion for sauce), hot sauce, and sesame oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Green onions / Limes - Prep as directed.
- Whisk together water (portion for stir-fry) and arrowroot powder to make a slurry.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add first part of cooking oil and then carrots, bell peppers, and green beans with a pinch of salt. Saute until vegetables are tender, 4 to 6 minutes. (Add a splash of water if the pan starts to look dry during cooking.) Add white parts of green onions and saute for 1 minute more.
- Transfer vegetables to a serving plate and return wok to heat.
- Add second part of cooking oil. Drain marinade off steak and add steak to heated wok. Saute until steak is nearly cooked through, ~3 minutes.
- Pour sauce over steak and bring to a simmer. Add arrowroot powder slurry to simmering liquid. Continue cooking until sauce thickens, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Serve steak and sauce over vegetables with green parts of green onions on top and lime wedges on the side. Add some more hot sauce, if you’d like. Enjoy!
Ok recipe, nothing great.0 Helpful
Very easy to put together! I substituted tempeh for tofu since we like the taste better.0 Helpful
Hybrid version: original sauce recipe, but used carrots instead of rice (per paleo recipe) and also added some broccoli. Really delicious! I definitely didn't need to add hot sauce, it was plenty hot as is.0 Helpful
Yummy and easy! We like gojuchang sauce. We squeezed lime on top at the end for extra flavor.0 Helpful
I loved everything about this.0 Helpful
This was really good and pretty easy to prep. I thought we had green beans but they had gone bad so I sliced celery on the diagonal (about 1/4 inch half moons) and it was excellent and subbed that. If you like that snap of celery in stir fry but maybe don’t like beans, I’d recommend it.0 Helpful