Chimichurri Shrimp Sautewith blistered tomatoes / zucchini noodles
- Cilantro - 1/3 cup, chopped
- Parsley - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Shallots - 1 clove, chopped
- Capers - 1 Tbsp, drained and rinsed
- Vinegar, red wine - 1 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1/3 cup
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 1/2 lbs
- Bell peppers, red - 1, diced
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 1 cup, halved
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Chimichurri sauce (ingredients listed separately) - ~1/2 cup
- Zucchini - 1 lb, spiralized, peeled into strips, or chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Shrimp - Defrost shrimp.
- Make chimichurri sauce - (Double if making Wednesday’s meal.) Combine cilantro, parsley, garlic, shallots, capers, vinegar, lime juice, salt, and oil (portion for chimichurri) in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Add some additional oil if the sauce is too thick to blend easily. Season to taste with some salt or some more lime juice. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Bell peppers / Tomatoes - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Zucchini - Turn zucchini into 'noodles' with a spiralizer or peel off strips with a peeler. (Note: If you prefer, you can also chop zucchini to saute.) (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add oil (portion for the zucchini noodles) and then noodles with a pinch of salt. Saute just until noodles are tender, 1 to 2 minutes (if using chopped zucchini, 3 to 4 minutes). Set aside and return wok to heat.
- Add oil (portion for the shrimp) then tomatoes and bell peppers with a pinch of salt. Saute until peppers are tender and tomatoes are blackened in spots, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp to vegetables and saute until shrimp is opaque, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Remove wok from heat and stir in chimichurri.
- Serve chimichurri shrimp and vegetables over zucchini noodles. Enjoy!
This meal has 30 reviews
We loved the chimichurri sauce and polenta.
This was totally delicious, though I wished that there was something with a different texture mixed in.
This was very good. I made extra chimichurri and rather than polenta I had cooked new potatoes that were leftover from last night. I’ll definitely have this again.
Chimichuri makes everything good.
Subbed potatoes for polenta (probably should do rice next time) and it was great!
I'm a sucker for chimichurri!!! I made mash potatoes with this instead of polenta because that is what I had in the house. Upped the veggies and it was a healthy, tasty, great meal!