and sweet potato “toast” / honey mustard aioli
- Turkey, deli-sliced - 1/2 lb, chopped
- Onions, medium red - 1/2, diced
- Tomatoes, medium - 1, chopped
- Eggs - 8
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Hot sauce (opt) - for serving
- Sweet potatoes - 1 lb, 1/2" / 1.3 cm slices
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Mayonnaise, paleo-friendly - 1/4 cup
- Sweet potatoes / Turkey / Onions - (If prepping right before cooking, start oven heating before returning to prep.) Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make aioli - Whisk together mustard, honey, and mayonnaise. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tomatoes - Chop tomatoes.
- Eggs - Whisk eggs.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C degrees.
- Brush a sheet pan with some oil and spread sweet potatoes in a single layer. Brush tops of sweet potato rounds with some oil and season with some salt and pepper. Roast potatoes until tops are starting to turn golden brown (they will not be cooked all the way through), 6 to 8 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes roast, heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add butter and then onions. Saute until onions are tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and saute until liquid cooks off, ~2 minutes more.
- Add turkey and saute for 1 minute to heat through. Pour eggs over top and cook, stirring gently with a spatula, until eggs are scrambled to your liking. Taste and season with some salt and pepper.
- Arrange sweet potato rounds on serving plates. Spread aioli on top of the rounds. Add scramble on the side or spoon it right on top of the sweet potatoes. Serve with hot sauce if you’d like. Enjoy!
This was a quick and easy dinner that was quite good. It's always nice to have a fast meal or two on the week's menu for when you don't have time. Can't go wrong with bagel sandwiches!0 Helpful
Wow!!! That was fantastic!! Thank you for such a quick and super easy meal! Definitely will mark as a favorite for busy weeks.0 Helpful
Very quick to throw together - perfect meal for when you don't want to do much cooking. It was delicious!!0 Helpful
Simple, quick and delicious0 Helpful
Used croissant instead of bagel because that’s what my local shop had. Super delicious - way yummier and fancier than any turkey sandwich I would make on my own. It was the perfect home-late-after-kids-sporting-event meal.0 Helpful
Nothing special but it was fine0 Helpful