and sweet potato “toast” / honey mustard aioli
- Turkey, deli-sliced - 1/2 lb , chopped
- Onions, medium red - 1/2 , diced
- Tomatoes, medium - 1 , chopped
- Eggs - 8
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Hot sauce (opt) - for serving
Sweet Potato “Toast” with Honey Mustard Aioli:
- Sweet potatoes - 1 lb , 1/2" / 1.3 cm slices
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Mayonnaise, paleo-friendly - 1/4 cup
- Sweet potatoes / Turkey / Onions - (If prepping right before cooking, start oven heating before returning to prep.) Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make aioli - Whisk together mustard, honey, and mayonnaise. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tomatoes - Chop tomatoes.
- Eggs - Whisk eggs.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C degrees.
- Brush a sheet pan with some oil and spread sweet potatoes in a single layer. Brush tops of sweet potato rounds with some oil and season with some salt and pepper. Roast potatoes until tops are starting to turn golden brown (they will not be cooked all the way through), 6 to 8 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes roast, heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add butter and then onions. Saute until onions are tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and saute until liquid cooks off, ~2 minutes more.
- Add turkey and saute for 1 minute to heat through. Pour eggs over top and cook, stirring gently with a spatula, until eggs are scrambled to your liking. Taste and season with some salt and pepper.
- Arrange sweet potato rounds on serving plates. Spread aioli on top of the rounds. Add scramble on the side or spoon it right on top of the sweet potatoes. Serve with hot sauce if you’d like. Enjoy!