Bagel Sandwich with Turkey and Swiss Cheese
with chips / pickles
This meal is proof that the simplest meals can sometimes be the best, especially on a busy weeknight!
Smarts: Serve chips on the side, but we wouldn't blame you a bit for adding a few to the sandwich for crunch!
- Onions, medium red - 1/2, thinly sliced
- Tomatoes, medium - 1, thinly sliced
- Bagels, any type - 4, sliced in half
- Turkey, deli-sliced - 1/2 lb
- Cheese, Swiss - 4 slices
- Baby spinach - 2 oz
- Chips - 4 oz
- Pickles, dill (opt) - 4, for serving (sub your favorite type of pickle)
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Mayonnaise - 1/4 cup
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C degrees.
- Separate bagels and spread out in a single layer on a sheet pan, cut-side up. Top bottom half of each bagel with turkey and then cheese. Bake in the oven until cheese is melted and top half of bagels are lightly toasted, ~10 minutes.
- Finish sandwiches by adding spinach, onions, tomatoes, and honey mustard aioli (or set the toppings out and customize sandwiches at the table). Enjoy chips and pickles on the side.
Love breakfast type meals for dinner. The sweet potato "chips" with the aioli we're yummy. Then we topped them with some of the scramble and that was even better. Just can't give 5 stars for a somewhat simple dinner.0 Helpful
I loved this. Simple and fast, and so yummy. We had it for lunch the next day too. I subbed havarti.0 Helpful
I really liked this overall - it's simpler than the usual Cooksmarts meal but still fancier than a sandwich I'd throw together on my own. This popped up on the menu just as I was coming back from a week out of town, so it was great to have a quick and easy homemade meal option waiting for me!0 Helpful
Yummy and quick for summer. We had some extra squash so I made squash chips and also made homemade bagels. We also had some leftover cucumber salad, so I gave people a choice between that and pickles for their side. Will make again, and may make a batch of the sauce to put on other sandwiches or to use as a veggie dip.0 Helpful
A nice reminder that dinner doesn't have to be complicated. I used greek yogurt (and a pinch of salt) instead of mayo in the aioli and it was really good!0 Helpful
Yum! Thanks for including a sandwich on the menu on a Monday. So easy. #hihaters0 Helpful