Bagel Sandwich with Turkey and Swiss Cheese
with chips / pickles
This meal is proof that the simplest meals can sometimes be the best, especially on a busy weeknight!
Smarts: Serve chips on the side, but we wouldn't blame you a bit for adding a few to the sandwich for crunch!
- Onions, medium red - 1/2, thinly sliced
- Tomatoes, medium - 1, thinly sliced
- Bagels, any type - 4, sliced in half
- Turkey, deli-sliced - 1/2 lb
- Cheese, Swiss - 4 slices
- Baby spinach - 2 oz
- Chips - 4 oz
- Pickles, dill (opt) - 4, for serving (sub your favorite type of pickle)
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Mayonnaise - 1/4 cup
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C degrees.
- Separate bagels and spread out in a single layer on a sheet pan, cut-side up. Top bottom half of each bagel with turkey and then cheese. Bake in the oven until cheese is melted and top half of bagels are lightly toasted, ~10 minutes.
- Finish sandwiches by adding spinach, onions, tomatoes, and honey mustard aioli (or set the toppings out and customize sandwiches at the table). Enjoy chips and pickles on the side.
Super easy. Good for breakfast or a lunch!0 Helpful
Scramble - Quick and easy. Used the sauce for a few other things this week too! Sandwich - also quick and easy. Fruit instead of pickles and chips. Kids loved it. Tasty and filling.0 Helpful
What's not to love?!0 Helpful
We really enjoyed this! Used everything bagels, skipped the spinach as I had accidentally finished it. As others have said, good reminder that a solid sandwich is always a good dinner option! Would probably pair with a veggie next time but other than that no changes!0 Helpful
I use one of those 90-second low-carb English muffin recipes because I was out of gluten free bread. I also use leftover turkey breast that I cooked earlier in the week rather than meat from a deli or the deli case. I used spinach and strawberries for sides instead of chips and pickles to take away some of the fat since I had cheese. Another favorite!0 Helpful
Simple and easy. Made 1/2 with roast beef and 1/2 with faux deli turkey for the carnivore and vegetarian in the house since that's what we had. I'll save that aioli recipe for future reference. An easy and flavorful sauce. May try with everything bagels next time.0 Helpful