Bagel Sandwich with Turkey and Swiss Cheese
with chips / pickles
This meal is proof that the simplest meals can sometimes be the best, especially on a busy weeknight!
Smarts: Serve chips on the side, but we wouldn't blame you a bit for adding a few to the sandwich for crunch!
- Onions, medium red - 1/2, thinly sliced
- Tomatoes, medium - 1, thinly sliced
- Bagels, any type - 4, sliced in half
- Turkey, deli-sliced - 1/2 lb
- Cheese, Swiss - 4 slices
- Baby spinach - 2 oz
- Chips - 4 oz
- Pickles, dill (opt) - 4, for serving (sub your favorite type of pickle)
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Mayonnaise - 1/4 cup
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C degrees.
- Separate bagels and spread out in a single layer on a sheet pan, cut-side up. Top bottom half of each bagel with turkey and then cheese. Bake in the oven until cheese is melted and top half of bagels are lightly toasted, ~10 minutes.
- Finish sandwiches by adding spinach, onions, tomatoes, and honey mustard aioli (or set the toppings out and customize sandwiches at the table). Enjoy chips and pickles on the side.
Simple but good. I liked the aioli a lot. I used provolone instead of swiss and skipped the onions because I don't like raw onions.0 Helpful
Quick and easy. I probably would have preferred a less sweet and more savory sauce, but it was still good. We substituted Tofurky slices, which weren't great. We'll have to find a better deli meat substitution next time.0 Helpful
Pretty easy. I subbed yellow onion and provolone for the red onion and Swiss. My kids, except for the littlest, ate this up and asked for more.0 Helpful
This was awesome. The honey mustard really made the whole sandwich0 Helpful
I mean, it's a sandwich.0 Helpful
Very easy for lunch!0 Helpful