Bagel Sandwich with Turkey and Swiss Cheese
with chips / pickles
This meal is proof that the simplest meals can sometimes be the best, especially on a busy weeknight!
Smarts: Serve chips on the side, but we wouldn't blame you a bit for adding a few to the sandwich for crunch!
- Onions, medium red - 1/2, thinly sliced
- Tomatoes, medium - 1, thinly sliced
- Bagels, any type - 4, sliced in half
- Turkey, deli-sliced - 1/2 lb
- Cheese, Swiss - 4 slices
- Baby spinach - 2 oz
- Chips - 4 oz
- Pickles, dill (opt) - 4, for serving (sub your favorite type of pickle)
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Mayonnaise - 1/4 cup
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C degrees.
- Separate bagels and spread out in a single layer on a sheet pan, cut-side up. Top bottom half of each bagel with turkey and then cheese. Bake in the oven until cheese is melted and top half of bagels are lightly toasted, ~10 minutes.
- Finish sandwiches by adding spinach, onions, tomatoes, and honey mustard aioli (or set the toppings out and customize sandwiches at the table). Enjoy chips and pickles on the side.
A nice change of pace to have a quick throw together meal.0 Helpful
These sandwiches are fantastic! Easy and delicious.0 Helpful
This was a quick and easy dinner that was quite good. It's always nice to have a fast meal or two on the week's menu for when you don't have time. Can't go wrong with bagel sandwiches!0 Helpful
Wow!!! That was fantastic!! Thank you for such a quick and super easy meal! Definitely will mark as a favorite for busy weeks.0 Helpful
Very quick to throw together - perfect meal for when you don't want to do much cooking. It was delicious!!0 Helpful
Simple, quick and delicious0 Helpful