Bagel Sandwich with Turkey and Swiss Cheese
with chips / pickles
This meal is proof that the simplest meals can sometimes be the best, especially on a busy weeknight!
Smarts: Serve chips on the side, but we wouldn't blame you a bit for adding a few to the sandwich for crunch!
- Onions, medium red - 1/2, thinly sliced
- Tomatoes, medium - 1, thinly sliced
- Bagels, any type - 4, sliced in half
- Turkey, deli-sliced - 1/2 lb
- Cheese, Swiss - 4 slices
- Baby spinach - 2 oz
- Chips - 4 oz
- Pickles, dill (opt) - 4, for serving (sub your favorite type of pickle)
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Mayonnaise - 1/4 cup
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C degrees.
- Separate bagels and spread out in a single layer on a sheet pan, cut-side up. Top bottom half of each bagel with turkey and then cheese. Bake in the oven until cheese is melted and top half of bagels are lightly toasted, ~10 minutes.
- Finish sandwiches by adding spinach, onions, tomatoes, and honey mustard aioli (or set the toppings out and customize sandwiches at the table). Enjoy chips and pickles on the side.
These sandwiches are fantastic! Easy and delicious.0 Helpful
This was a quick and easy dinner that was quite good. It's always nice to have a fast meal or two on the week's menu for when you don't have time. Can't go wrong with bagel sandwiches!0 Helpful
Wow!!! That was fantastic!! Thank you for such a quick and super easy meal! Definitely will mark as a favorite for busy weeks.0 Helpful
Very quick to throw together - perfect meal for when you don't want to do much cooking. It was delicious!!0 Helpful
Simple, quick and delicious0 Helpful
Used croissant instead of bagel because that’s what my local shop had. Super delicious - way yummier and fancier than any turkey sandwich I would make on my own. It was the perfect home-late-after-kids-sporting-event meal.0 Helpful