Zucchini, Bell Pepper, and Provolone Scramble Wrap
with fruit salad
It's hard to beat the ease and flexibility of these breakfast-for-dinner wraps that were featured in 2018. Feel free to customize them with other vegetables you have in the fridge.
Smarts: These wraps are a great freezer meal and work for breakfast or dinner. Just wrap them tightly in foil, defrost in the fridge overnight, and then bake (still wrapped in foil) until heated all the way through.
- Bell peppers, any color - 1, diced
- Onions, medium - 1/2, diced
- Zucchini - 12 oz, chopped
- Eggs - 8
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Tortillas, burrito-sized flour or corn - 4
- Cheese, provolone - 4 slices
- Salsa - 1/2 cup
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - for serving
- Strawberries - 1 pint, quartered
- Mint, fresh - 1 Tbsp, chiffonade
- Blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries - 1 pint (sub halved grapes)
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Combine both types of berries, mint, and lime juice. Toss gently to combine. Set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick pan with oil over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, onions, and zucchini with a pinch of salt. Saute until soft, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Pour eggs over top and reduce heat to medium. Cook eggs, stirring frequently, until cooked to your liking, 4 to 7 minutes. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Place a slice of cheese inside of each tortilla. Top with eggs and then with salsa and yogurt (or set those aside for dipping).
- Enjoy wraps with fruit salad on the side.
Easy prep and it was pretty good, but it could have done with more herbs and/or spices. I thought it was pretty bland.0 Helpful
Easy! Didn’t make the fruit due to time. I would make again.0 Helpful
Pretty good! I think I would have preferred a different kind of meat, but the ham was okay,0 Helpful
I really liked this - I used bacon instead of ham. Definitely handy in a pinch.0 Helpful
Quite good! I wish it was a bit more leftover-friendly ... my eggs seem to have re-liquified in the fridge overnight. But still quite good!0 Helpful
made 8 servings recipe and it fed the 3 adults in my family with more than half left. delicious. would say that there's less filling needed per tortilla. we used 6 tortillas.0 Helpful