Ham, Bell Pepper, and Feta Scramble Wrapwith fruit salad
It's hard to beat the ease and flexibility of these breakfast-for-dinner wraps that were featured in 2018. Feel free to customize them with other vegetables you have in the fridge.
Smarts: These wraps are a great freezer meal and work for breakfast or dinner. Just wrap them tightly in foil, defrost in the fridge overnight, and then bake (still wrapped in foil) until heated all the way through.
- Bell peppers, any color - 1, diced
- Onions, medium - 1/2, diced
- Ham, deli-sliced - 4 oz, chopped
- Eggs - 8
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cheese, feta - 4 oz, crumbled
- Tortillas, burrito-sized flour or corn - 4
- Salsa - 1/2 cup
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - for serving
- Strawberries - 1 pint, quartered
- Mint, fresh - 1 Tbsp, chiffonade
- Blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries - 1 pint (sub halved grapes)
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Combine both types of berries, mint, and lime juice. Toss gently to combine. Set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick pan with oil over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and onions with a pinch of salt. Saute until soft, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add ham and saute for 2 minutes more.
- Pour eggs over top and reduce heat to medium. Cook eggs, stirring frequently, until cooked to your liking, 4 to 7 minutes. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Remove eggs from heat and crumble feta over top.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Fill each tortilla with eggs. Top with salsa and yogurt (or set those aside for dipping).
- Enjoy wraps with fruit salad on the side.
Quick and an easy way to use up things left in the fridge. You can throw whatever veggies and proteins you have in it. The fruit salad was great. It definitely will keep its place in our regular rotation.0 Helpful
Nice, simple and tasty. Not the fanciest recipe, but when you want something that tastes good and is simple and fast to make -- you can't go wrong with this one.0 Helpful
It was good, but no one was really excited about it like some of the recipes on here. I enjoyed the fruit salad most.0 Helpful
This was really good. I used mexican cheese instead of feta. This is so versatile - next time I'd add mushrooms, and you could mix up the protein to include chorizo, turkey, bacon... Loved the fruit side. A refreshing change from the typical greens salad.0 Helpful
I’ll have to add breakfast burritos to my ‘no recipe’ meal rotation. So easy, adjustable and my toddler loves anything wrapped in a tortilla.0 Helpful