Roasted Tilapia with Eggplant and Red Pepper Pesto
with garlic broccolini
We are excited to bring back this easy roasted tilapia from early years (2014) of our meal planning service. (Fun fact: This was the first Cook Smarts recipe that meal planner Jess Smith cooked for her family when she joined as a community member!)
- Lemons - 1/2, wedges
- Tilapia - 1 1/2 lbs (sub any white fish)
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Eggplant and Red Pepper Pesto (leftover from Monday) - ~1 cup
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Broccolini - 12 oz, trimmed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Garlic / Broccolini - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating before continuing with prep.) Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lemons - Slice into wedges. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Tilapia - Rinse and pat dry. Brush a sheet pan with some cooking oil and place fish on top. Brush fish with olive oil and season with some salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Toss broccolini and garlic with cooking oil and spread out on a second sheet pan. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Transfer both sheet pans to the oven. Roast until fish flakes easily with a fork and broccolini is tender but still crunchy. They should finish around the same time, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Reheat pesto briefly in the microwave.
- Squeeze lemon juice over broccolini.
- Spoon pesto onto serving plates. Top pesto with tilapia. Serve with broccolini and lemon wedges on the side.
Super quick and easy. We aren’t fans of egg plant so we used the sun-dried tomato / arugula pesto from the previous week.0 Helpful
Love the pesto and broccolini. I used an Italian eggplant because that's all my store had. It came out great.0 Helpful
I broiled the eggplant for the pesto longer than the directions suggest based on the reviews that I read and added a bit more salt to the pesto at the end, but I found this dish to be light and enjoyable. I appreciated the plating suggestion on the photo and I got two thumbs up from my husband. We might use the extra pesto as a dip or on pasta.0 Helpful
Nothing too special, but cheap and easy. So I call it a win.0 Helpful
Pesto was flavorless as was the fish. Broccolini was great. Overall meal was edible, but boring.0 Helpful
This was the first cooksmarts meal we've ever made that we just absolutely didn't like. No idea what happened but there just wasn't any flavor here in the paleo version, at least. Maybe we didn't roast the veggies long enough, no idea, honestly.0 Helpful