Roasted Tilapia with Eggplant and Red Pepper Pesto
with garlic broccolini
We are excited to bring back this easy roasted tilapia from early years (2014) of our meal planning service. (Fun fact: This was the first Cook Smarts recipe that meal planner Jess Smith cooked for her family when she joined as a community member!)
Tilapia with Eggplant and Red Pepper Pesto:
- Lemons - 1/2 , wedges
- Tilapia - 1 1/2 lbs (sub any white fish)
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Eggplant and Red Pepper Pesto (leftover from Monday) - ~1 cup
- Garlic - 2 cloves , chopped
- Broccolini - 12 oz , trimmed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Garlic / Broccolini - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating before continuing with prep.) Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lemons - Slice into wedges. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Tilapia - Rinse and pat dry. Brush a sheet pan with some cooking oil and place fish on top. Brush fish with olive oil and season with some salt and pepper.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Toss broccolini and garlic with cooking oil and spread out on a second sheet pan. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Transfer both sheet pans to the oven. Roast until fish flakes easily with a fork and broccolini is tender but still crunchy. They should finish around the same time, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Reheat pesto briefly in the microwave.
- Squeeze lemon juice over broccolini.
- Spoon pesto onto serving plates. Top pesto with tilapia. Serve with broccolini and lemon wedges on the side.