Stuffed Portobellos with Tomato Pestoand roasted green beans
- Sun-dried tomatoes in oil - 1/2 cup, drained and rinsed
- Garlic - 1 clove, peeled
- Pecan halves - 1/4 cup
- Cheese, parmesan (opt) - 2 Tbsp
- Arugula - 1/2 oz
- Oil, olive - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Water - 1 Tbsp
- Green beans - 1 lb, trimmed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Almonds, slivered - 1/4 cup (sub pecans)
- Cheese, fontina - 2 oz, shredded (sub fresh mozzarella)
- Sun dried tomato pesto (ingredients listed separately) - 1/3 cup
- Mushrooms, portobellos - 4, stems removed
- Panko breadcrumbs - 1/4 cup
- Make pesto - (Skip if pesto was made ahead on Tuesday. If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Drain and rinse tomatoes. Peel garlic. Place all pesto ingredients into a food processor. Pulse until thickened. If it's not 'saucy' enough, add more olive oil or a splash of water. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made up to 5 days ahead)
- Green beans - Trim beans. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make mushroom filling - Grate cheese and combine with pesto. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Mushrooms - Remove stems. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Toss green beans with cooking oil and season with some salt and pepper. Spread beans out onto one side of a sheet pan. Place mushrooms onto second half of sheet pan (use two sheet pans if it won't fit easily). Brush mushrooms on both sides with some oil. Transfer pan to oven and roast until mushrooms are starting to soften, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. If mushrooms have released a lot of moisture, blot them with paper towels until dry. Spoon in cheese and pesto filling. Top with panko breadcrumbs, pressing breadcrumbs lightly into the filling.
- Return pan to oven and continue roasting until green beans are tender and cheese is melted, 10 to 12 minutes more.
- Toss green beans with lemon juice and almonds.
- Serve mushrooms with green beans on the side. Enjoy!
This was outstanding. Really delicious!0 Helpful
I really loved the whole meal. However, I am sensitive to salt and found it a bit too salty. If you are like me I wouldn't add any extra. Between the Parmesan and the Prosciutto it would have been enough. Make this when company is coming! They will be impressed!0 Helpful
We've made this one several times and really enjoy it0 Helpful
Fantastic!! So excited about this recipe. I took the advice of others and cooked the chicken a bit longer than recommended.0 Helpful
Loved every bite of this!0 Helpful
Really delicious! Definitely make the pesto ahead, especially if doing this on a weeknight. My chicken also took longer to cook than the range in the recipe - perhaps I didn't pound it thin enough? But it still turned out great. :)0 Helpful