Za’atar Spiced Veggie Wrap with cucumber and tomato salad
Mediterranean-inspired flavors are the key to this simple, colorful meal that is packed with vegetables. If you made a double batch of herb yogurt sauce earlier in the week, the wraps will come together extra fast.
- Bell peppers, red - 1, cubed
- Onions, red and medium - 1/2, diced
- Zucchini - 12 oz, cubed
- Beans, cannellini or butter (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Za'atar spice mix - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Tortillas, burrito-sized - 4
- Cilantro - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1 cup
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Shallots - 1 clove, diced
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, diced
- Tomatoes, medium - 1, diced
- Parsley, curly-leaf - 1 1/2 cups, chopped
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 tsp
- Make herb yogurt sauce - (Skip if made ahead for Monday.) Chop cilantro. Combine with cilantro, yogurt, honey, and lemon juice (portion for yogurt sauce). Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Bell peppers / Onions / Zucchini - Prep as directed. Combine bell peppers and onions. Store zucchini separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Shallots / Cucumbers / Tomatoes / Parsley - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Beans - Drain and rinse.
- Heat a skillet with cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and onions and saute until starting to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add zucchini and continue cooking until all of the vegetables are tender, 3 to 4 minutes more. Add za’atar and saute until fragrant, ~1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice (portion for wraps) and beans. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Combine shallots, cucumbers, tomatoes, parsley, olive oil, and vinegar. Taste and season with some salt and pepper.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions.
- Spread the inside of tortillas with yogurt sauce and top with veggie / bean mixture. Roll to enclose filling.
- Serve wraps with cucumber and tomato salad on the side. Enjoy!
This meal has 29 reviews
Not sure I loved the Za'atar on the pork. Ended up sort of dry, but we still liked it. The tabbouleh needed more flavor (added more salt and lemon). Overall, solid meal.
I used too much za'atar, but it was still good. The cauliflower tabbouleh was delicious. I did add the herb yogurt sauce to it - which I think was needed and yummy.
I love za'atar! So tasty. I used farro instead of cauliflower in the tabbouleh and that was a great sub.
Pretty good. Remember to add salt to the pork with the za’atar. Definitely could use a sauce (I didn’t have any yogurt sauce). I liked the tabbouleh salad after adding extra lemon, olive oil and lots of salt.
Loved the tabouleh!
The wraps were okay. I ended up using some of the leftover chicken from earlier in the week instead of the beans, and that added some nice flavors. I really didn't like the side salad. Raw shallots and parsley are not a great combo.