Za’atar Spiced Veggie Wrap
with cucumber and tomato salad
- Bell peppers, red - 1 , cubed
- Onions, red and medium - 1/2 , diced
- Zucchini - 12 oz , cubed
- Beans, cannellini or butter (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can , drained and rinsed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Za'atar spice mix - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Tortillas, burrito-sized - 4
- Cilantro - 1 Tbsp , chopped
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1 cup
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Shallots - 1 clove , diced
- Cucumbers - 8 oz , diced
- Tomatoes, medium - 1 , diced
- Parsley, curly-leaf - 1 1/2 cups , chopped
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 tsp
Make herb yogurt sauce - (Skip if made ahead for Monday.) Chop cilantro. Combine with cilantro, yogurt, honey, and lemon juice (portion for yogurt sauce). Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Beans - Drain and rinse.
Heat a skillet with cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and onions and saute until starting to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add zucchini and continue cooking until all of the vegetables are tender, 3 to 4 minutes more. Add za’atar and saute until fragrant, ~1 minute.
Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice (portion for wraps) and beans. Season with some salt and pepper.
Combine shallots, cucumbers, tomatoes, parsley, olive oil, and vinegar. Taste and season with some salt and pepper.
Heat tortillas according to package directions.
Spread the inside of tortillas with yogurt sauce and top with veggie / bean mixture. Roll to enclose filling.
Serve wraps with cucumber and tomato salad on the side. Enjoy!