Baked Greek Potatoes
with sun-dried tomato pesto / arugula salad
This meatless meal was such a hit when we first featured it as the vegetarian option in November 2015 that it's now become a favorite for all diet types. We think of these as potato "nachos" with a Greek twist!
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Arugula - 4 oz
- Sun-dried tomatoes in oil - 1/2 cup, drained and rinsed
- Garlic - 1 clove, peeled
- Pecan halves - 1/4 cup
- Cheese, parmesan (opt) - 2 Tbsp
- Arugula - 1/2 oz
- Oil, olive - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Water - 1 Tbsp
- Cheese, fontina - 4 oz, shredded (sub fresh mozzarella)
- Olives, kalamata, pitted - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Parsley - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Potatoes, baby or new - 2 lbs, quartered (sub Russet)
- Foil - for roasting
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Italian seasoning - 1 tsp
- Sun-dried tomato pesto (ingredients listed separately) - 1/3 cup
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1/4 cup (sub sour cream)
- Make pesto - Double if making Thursday's meal. (Note: If prepping right before cooking, get potatoes in the oven before making pesto.) Drain and rinse tomatoes. Peel garlic. Place all pesto ingredients into a food processor. Pulse until thickened. If it's not 'saucy' enough, add more olive oil or a splash of water. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made up to 5 days ahead)
- Cheese / Olives - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Parsley - Chop parsley.
- Potatoes - Quarter potatoes. (Note: if using large potatoes like Russet, slice into cubes.)
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C degrees.
- Spread potatoes out onto a sheet pan and cover tightly with some foil. Cook potatoes for 12 minutes, then remove foil and toss with olive oil (portion for potatoes), Italian seasoning, and some salt and pepper.
- Return pan to oven and continue cooking potatoes, uncovered, until tender, ~10 minutes.
- Remove from oven again and top with pesto (reserve half if doubled for Thursday), cheese, and olives. Return to oven and continue cooking until cheese is melted, ~5 minutes more.
- When potatoes are nearly done roasting, whisk together vinegar, honey, mustard, and olive oil (portion for salad) in a mixing bowl. Add arugula (portion for salad) on top and toss just before serving.
- Serve potatoes topped with parsley and yogurt. Enjoy arugula salad on the side.
So delicious! Usually don't love arugula but it was so good with that dressing! The potatoes were to die for, the sun dried tomato pesto was amazing!0 Helpful
Really good. My kids especially loved the pesto.0 Helpful
It was really good. Missing ... something, but I don’t quite know what.0 Helpful
Skipped the olives so it wasn't quite Greek, but it was quite delicious. Would definitely make it again.0 Helpful
I think I needed to cut the potatoes smaller or cook longer in the foil. Used pre-made pesto and jazzed up the salad a bit more with feta and extra olives. Great flavors!0 Helpful
We liked this a lot. We’d add another diced sweet potato next time. I used jarred green olives and pre shredded cheese blend as tasty shortcuts.0 Helpful