Sheet Pan Indian Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli
with quinoa / herb yogurt sauce
Our community members are always requesting more sheet pan meals! These weeknight-friendly meals give you time to get the kitchen cleaned up while everything roasts together on one pan. This Indian-inspired variation is served with quinoa and a tangy herb yogurt sauce for added flavor.
Smarts: Make a double batch of yogurt sauce tonight to use in the veggie wraps later this week.
- Garam masala - 2 tsp
- Curry powder, mild - 2 tsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Coriander, ground - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Quinoa, uncooked - 2/3 cup
- Stock, any type - 1 1/2 cup
- Sweet potatoes - 1 1/2 lbs, chopped
- Broccoli florets - 10 oz, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Limes - 1, wedges
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Cilantro - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1 cup
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Quinoa - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Combine quinoa with stock in a saucepan. Add some salt. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Sweet potatoes / Broccoli / Garlic - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make spice mix - Combine garam masala, curry powder, cumin, coriander, and salt. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make herb yogurt sauce - (Double if making Wednesday’s meal.) Chop cilantro. Combine cilantro, yogurt, honey, and lemon juice. Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Limes - Slice into wedges. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Toss sweet potatoes, broccoli, and garlic with cooking oil and spice mix. Spread out on a sheet pan (use two sheet pans if needed to prevent crowding). Roast until sweet potatoes and broccoli are tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- If quinoa was made ahead, reheat in the microwave.
- Serve vegetables over quinoa with lime wedges and herb yogurt sauce (reserve half if doubled) on the side. Enjoy!
Did it with cauliflower instead of broccoli because we love curried cauliflower and skipped the rice. Easy and so good!0 Helpful
Everything was good but could've used a bit more flavor. Pretty easy to put together.0 Helpful
Great meal, loved the flavor of the chicken!0 Helpful
I liked the chicken. The vegetables were okay. I liked using riced cauliflower instead of a grain. The yogurt sauce wasn't delicious to me but it wasn't awful either. I liked some on my vegetables but preferred the chicken without it.0 Helpful
Easy to make and delicious. I really liked the cauliflower rice with it and I added more broccoli.0 Helpful
So delicious! I'm glad it had the cauliflower and broccoli to balance out the somewhat unhealthy chicken thighs! Pretty easy to throw together.0 Helpful