Sheet Pan Indian Sweet Potatoes and Broccoliwith quinoa / herb yogurt sauce
Our community members are always requesting more sheet pan meals! These weeknight-friendly meals give you time to get the kitchen cleaned up while everything roasts together on one pan. This Indian-inspired variation is served with quinoa and a tangy herb yogurt sauce for added flavor.
Smarts: Make a double batch of yogurt sauce tonight to use in the veggie wraps later this week.
- Garam masala - 2 tsp
- Curry powder, mild - 2 tsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Coriander, ground - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Quinoa, uncooked - 2/3 cup
- Stock, any type - 1 1/2 cup
- Sweet potatoes - 1 1/2 lbs, chopped
- Broccoli florets - 10 oz, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Limes - 1, wedges
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Cilantro - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1 cup
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Quinoa - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Combine quinoa with stock in a saucepan. Add some salt. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Sweet potatoes / Broccoli / Garlic - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make spice mix - Combine garam masala, curry powder, cumin, coriander, and salt. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make herb yogurt sauce - (Double if making Wednesday’s meal.) Chop cilantro. Combine cilantro, yogurt, honey, and lemon juice. Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Limes - Slice into wedges. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Toss sweet potatoes, broccoli, and garlic with cooking oil and spice mix. Spread out on a sheet pan (use two sheet pans if needed to prevent crowding). Roast until sweet potatoes and broccoli are tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- If quinoa was made ahead, reheat in the microwave.
- Serve vegetables over quinoa with lime wedges and herb yogurt sauce (reserve half if doubled) on the side. Enjoy!
This meal has 42 reviews
New fave! Only modification was slicing the garlic instead of chopping.
4.5 - yummy chicken but the mango salsa was just okay. Should have made a bit of the yogurt sauce. Sounds good.
Should have added garbanzos as suggested. Very popular. Was really glad we made both vegetarian and paleo because having both mango salsa and yogurt sauce was great.
Prefer to eat vegetarian but made this because my family is tired of sweet potatoes. We all always love chicken thighs too. Also excited about the mango salsa (with green pepper instead of jalapeños) instead of tomato/cucumber salad.
Holy cow! I really loved this. At first I went light with the yogurt, then quickly realized more was much better. Perfectly filling, and I’m excited for leftovers tomorrow!
Really liked this one! Next time I'll probably triple the spices to fully coat the chicken, but other than that it needs no changes. Pretty excited for my leftovers tomorrow at lunch.