Sheet Pan Indian Sweet Potatoes and Broccoliwith quinoa / herb yogurt sauce
Our community members are always requesting more sheet pan meals! These weeknight-friendly meals give you time to get the kitchen cleaned up while everything roasts together on one pan. This Indian-inspired variation is served with quinoa and a tangy herb yogurt sauce for added flavor.
Smarts: Make a double batch of yogurt sauce tonight to use in the veggie wraps later this week.
- Garam masala - 2 tsp
- Curry powder, mild - 2 tsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Coriander, ground - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Quinoa, uncooked - 2/3 cup
- Stock, any type - 1 1/2 cup
- Sweet potatoes - 1 1/2 lbs, chopped
- Broccoli florets - 10 oz, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Limes - 1, wedges
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Cilantro - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1 cup
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Quinoa - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Combine quinoa with stock in a saucepan. Add some salt. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Sweet potatoes / Broccoli / Garlic - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make spice mix - Combine garam masala, curry powder, cumin, coriander, and salt. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make herb yogurt sauce - (Double if making Wednesday’s meal.) Chop cilantro. Combine cilantro, yogurt, honey, and lemon juice. Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Limes - Slice into wedges. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Toss sweet potatoes, broccoli, and garlic with cooking oil and spice mix. Spread out on a sheet pan (use two sheet pans if needed to prevent crowding). Roast until sweet potatoes and broccoli are tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- If quinoa was made ahead, reheat in the microwave.
- Serve vegetables over quinoa with lime wedges and herb yogurt sauce (reserve half if doubled) on the side. Enjoy!
This meal has 42 reviews
delicious! my whole family enjoyed all of it.
Absolutely loved this. Came together super quickly, we used parsley instead of cilantro and did half rice/half cauliflower because we aren't fully on-board with the cauliflower as a carb thing :) other than that no changes. We will definitely make this again!
I made this last night with changes to the herb sauce. I am not a fan of cilantro, so I used parsley and some dried dill, you talk about heaven! I was liking the plate at the end of this meal. Will be making again in the future.
Loved how easy and flavorful this was!! Great weeknight meal.
This was super yummy! I would make with regular rice next time. Loved the spice on the chicken.
No changes. Delicious and easy. Long cook time, but otherwise great.