Sheet Pan Indian Chicken and Broccoli
with cauliflower rice / herb yogurt sauce
Our community members are always requesting more sheet pan meals! These weeknight-friendly meals give you time to get the kitchen cleaned up while everything roasts together on one pan. This Indian-inspired variation is served with cauliflower rice and a tangy herb yogurt sauce for added flavor.
- Garam masala - 2 tsp
- Curry powder, mild - 2 tsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Coriander, ground - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Broccoli florets - 10 oz, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Limes - 1, wedges
- Chicken thighs, boneless and skinless - 1 1/2 lbs
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Cauliflower florets - 10 oz (look for pre-chopped “riced" cauliflower from the produce or freezer section)
- Butter - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Cilantro - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1 cup
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Broccoli / Garlic - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make spice mix - Combine garam masala, curry powder, cumin, coriander, and salt. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make herb yogurt sauce - Chop cilantro. Combine cilantro, yogurt, honey, and lemon juice. Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cauliflower rice - (If making Wednesday’s meal, prepare cauliflower for that night at the same time; skip this step if you purchased pre-chopped “riced cauliflower.”) Pulse florets in a food processor until broken up into ‘rice’-sized bits. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Limes - Slice into wedges. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Chicken - Tenderize chicken with a fork and cover on all sides with spice mix. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Toss broccoli and garlic with first part of cooking oil and spread out on a sheet pan.
- Heat a skillet with second part of cooking oil over medium heat. Add chicken to heated oil. Sear on both sides until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to sheet pan with broccoli. Wipe out skillet and set it aside for cooking cauliflower rice.
- Roast chicken and broccoli for 15 to 25 minutes, until broccoli is tender and chicken reaches 165F / 74C degrees.
- Return skillet to medium heat. Add butter and then cauliflower rice to melted butter. (Note: If making Wednesday’s meal, cook cauliflower for that meal at the same time.)
- Saute cauliflower rice just until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with some salt.
- Serve chicken and broccoli over cauliflower rice (reserve half if doubled). Add lime wedges on the side and spoon herb yogurt sauce over everything. Enjoy!
delicious! my whole family enjoyed all of it.0 Helpful
Absolutely loved this. Came together super quickly, we used parsley instead of cilantro and did half rice/half cauliflower because we aren't fully on-board with the cauliflower as a carb thing :) other than that no changes. We will definitely make this again!0 Helpful
I made this last night with changes to the herb sauce. I am not a fan of cilantro, so I used parsley and some dried dill, you talk about heaven! I was liking the plate at the end of this meal. Will be making again in the future.0 Helpful
Loved how easy and flavorful this was!! Great weeknight meal.0 Helpful
This was super yummy! I would make with regular rice next time. Loved the spice on the chicken.0 Helpful
No changes. Delicious and easy. Long cook time, but otherwise great.0 Helpful