Sheet Pan Indian Sweet Potatoes and Broccoliwith quinoa / herb yogurt sauce
Our community members are always requesting more sheet pan meals! These weeknight-friendly meals give you time to get the kitchen cleaned up while everything roasts together on one pan. This Indian-inspired variation is served with quinoa and a tangy herb yogurt sauce for added flavor.
Smarts: Make a double batch of yogurt sauce tonight to use in the veggie wraps later this week.
- Garam masala - 2 tsp
- Curry powder, mild - 2 tsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Coriander, ground - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Quinoa, uncooked - 2/3 cup
- Stock, any type - 1 1/2 cup
- Sweet potatoes - 1 1/2 lbs, chopped
- Broccoli florets - 10 oz, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Limes - 1, wedges
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Cilantro - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1 cup
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Quinoa - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Combine quinoa with stock in a saucepan. Add some salt. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Sweet potatoes / Broccoli / Garlic - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make spice mix - Combine garam masala, curry powder, cumin, coriander, and salt. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make herb yogurt sauce - (Double if making Wednesday’s meal.) Chop cilantro. Combine cilantro, yogurt, honey, and lemon juice. Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Limes - Slice into wedges. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Toss sweet potatoes, broccoli, and garlic with cooking oil and spice mix. Spread out on a sheet pan (use two sheet pans if needed to prevent crowding). Roast until sweet potatoes and broccoli are tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- If quinoa was made ahead, reheat in the microwave.
- Serve vegetables over quinoa with lime wedges and herb yogurt sauce (reserve half if doubled) on the side. Enjoy!
This meal has 42 reviews
I really liked this! I used drumsticks instead of thighs because we had them. I didn’t brown them before sticking them in the oven since we made basmati rice instead of cauliflower rice (which unpopular in our house). We agreed that the thighs might be better. Gotta love sheet pan dinners!! Will probably make this again!
Really enjoyed this! I love a mango salsa/chicken mix. Skipped the cauliflower rice. The chicken and broccoli was filling enough. The broccoli came out delicious picking up a little of the chicken juice.
Super easy and very flavorful. I used prechopped broccoli and cauliflower rice from a bag, which made this a very quick and yummy weeknight meal.
The whole family loved the chicken. My husband didn't like the yogurt dressing, but my stepdaughter LOVED it. When I make this again, I'll let the cauliflower rice cook a little longer. It was a bit too crunchy for my tastes. The spice mix was perfect.
All around simple and delicious meal!
We loved this! Even the world’s pickiest 5 year old inhaled this meal! I used brown rice instead of cauliflower and boiled the kids broccoli knowing they don’t do well with crispiness of roasting. Yum!