Sheet Pan Indian Chicken and Broccoliwith cauliflower rice / herb yogurt sauce
Our community members are always requesting more sheet pan meals! These weeknight-friendly meals give you time to get the kitchen cleaned up while everything roasts together on one pan. This Indian-inspired variation is served with cauliflower rice and a tangy herb yogurt sauce for added flavor.
- Garam masala - 2 tsp
- Curry powder, mild - 2 tsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Coriander, ground - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Broccoli florets - 10 oz, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Limes - 1, wedges
- Chicken thighs, boneless and skinless - 1 1/2 lbs
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Cauliflower florets - 10 oz (look for pre-chopped “riced" cauliflower from the produce or freezer section)
- Butter - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Cilantro - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1 cup
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Broccoli / Garlic - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make spice mix - Combine garam masala, curry powder, cumin, coriander, and salt. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make herb yogurt sauce - Chop cilantro. Combine cilantro, yogurt, honey, and lemon juice. Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cauliflower rice - (If making Wednesday’s meal, prepare cauliflower for that night at the same time; skip this step if you purchased pre-chopped “riced cauliflower.”) Pulse florets in a food processor until broken up into ‘rice’-sized bits. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Limes - Slice into wedges. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Chicken - Tenderize chicken with a fork and cover on all sides with spice mix. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Toss broccoli and garlic with first part of cooking oil and spread out on a sheet pan.
- Heat a skillet with second part of cooking oil over medium heat. Add chicken to heated oil. Sear on both sides until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to sheet pan with broccoli. Wipe out skillet and set it aside for cooking cauliflower rice.
- Roast chicken and broccoli for 15 to 25 minutes, until broccoli is tender and chicken reaches 165F / 74C degrees.
- Return skillet to medium heat. Add butter and then cauliflower rice to melted butter. (Note: If making Wednesday’s meal, cook cauliflower for that meal at the same time.)
- Saute cauliflower rice just until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with some salt.
- Serve chicken and broccoli over cauliflower rice (reserve half if doubled). Add lime wedges on the side and spoon herb yogurt sauce over everything. Enjoy!
This meal has 30 reviews
I really liked this! I used drumsticks instead of thighs because we had them. I didn’t brown them before sticking them in the oven since we made basmati rice instead of cauliflower rice (which unpopular in our house). We agreed that the thighs might be better. Gotta love sheet pan dinners!! Will probably make this again!
Really enjoyed this! I love a mango salsa/chicken mix. Skipped the cauliflower rice. The chicken and broccoli was filling enough. The broccoli came out delicious picking up a little of the chicken juice.
Super easy and very flavorful. I used prechopped broccoli and cauliflower rice from a bag, which made this a very quick and yummy weeknight meal.
The whole family loved the chicken. My husband didn't like the yogurt dressing, but my stepdaughter LOVED it. When I make this again, I'll let the cauliflower rice cook a little longer. It was a bit too crunchy for my tastes. The spice mix was perfect.
All around simple and delicious meal!
We loved this! Even the world’s pickiest 5 year old inhaled this meal! I used brown rice instead of cauliflower and boiled the kids broccoli knowing they don’t do well with crispiness of roasting. Yum!