Philly Scramble with Roast Beef and Bell Pepperswith cucumber and tomato salad
We took inspiration from the classic "Philly" sandwich made with meat, peppers, and onions to create this quick and easy egg scramble.
- Roast beef, deli-sliced - 4 oz, chopped
- Bell peppers, green - 1, diced
- Onions, medium red - 1, diced
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Eggs - 8
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Hot sauce (opt) - for serving
- Cucumbers - 10 oz, chopped
- Tomatoes, any type - 10 oz, chopped
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 1 tsp
- Italian seasoning - 1/4 tsp
- Roast beef / Bell Peppers / Onions / Garlic - Prep as directed. Combine peppers and onions. Store roast beef and garlic in their own separate containers. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cucumbers / Tomatoes - Prep as directed. Combine with vinegar, olive oil, and Italian seasoning.
- Eggs - Whisk eggs.
- Heat a large nonstick pan with cooking oil over medium heat. Add peppers and onions and saute until soft, 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Reduce heat to low-medium. Pour eggs over vegetables and cook, stirring often, until eggs form soft curds. Continue cooking eggs until cooked to your liking. Stir in roast beef.
- Remove eggs from heat and season with some salt and pepper.
- Give cucumbers and tomatoes a stir. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve scramble with hot sauce if you’d like. Enjoy cucumber and tomato salad on the side.
This meal has 20 reviews
This Pizza was excellent! I chose to add a sauce as I super love sauce with pizza lol. For the sauce I used: 1 tablespoon butter 1 tablespoon flour ½ cup cold milk 1-3 cloves garlic, pressed 1/8 teaspoon salt a pinch of black pepper AND nutmeg ¼ cup parmesan cheese Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and let cook for 1 minute or until it smells like baked pie dough. Slowly stream in the cold milk while you whisk. Add the pressed garlic and allow the sauce to come to a gentle simmer. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Remove the sauce from the stove; whisk in the parmesan cheese. Allow the sauce to cool for 5-10 minutes, you can prep your veggies in that time. I also used homemade crust which just made this meal phenominal!! Next time I plan to add mushrooms!
LOVE!! Everything about this was delicious.
I used Udi's tortillas for the crust. Quick and easy!
This is an excellent recipe! We made this exactly as instructed and it turned out great. The garlic oil was perfect for this type of pizza and the whole thing couldn't have been easier to put together. We made two pizzas and didn't leave a single slice. Even our pickiest eater ate this and asked for more.
Family was sceptical but came around after they tried it. My 3.5 year old said it “was wonderful”. I fell on the floor.
Pretty good. I made it with pre-made crust because I never get pizza dough to work for me. I think a shredded cheese might have worked better. The slices of beef and slices of cheese kept sliding around the pizza in an awkward way.