Chicken, Mushroom, and Avocado Lettuce Wraps
with creamy cashew dipping sauce
Tonight's meal just requires a few minutes of prep since ingredients for the filling were cooked earlier in the week. Just set everything out in individual bowls and assemble these lettuce wraps as you go for a fresh meal you'll want to eat all summer long!
Creamy Cashew Dipping Sauce:
- Cashew butter - 1/3 cup (sub almond or other nut butter)
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 2 Tbsp
- Sriracha (opt) - 1 tsp (sub any hot sauce)
- Water - 3 Tbsp
Chicken, Mushroom, and Avocado Lettuce Wraps:
- Carrots - 5 oz , matchsticks (look for pre-shredded)
- Mint, fresh - 8 leaves , leaves torn
- Avocados - 1 , thinly sliced
- Lettuce, romaine - 12 leaves (sub iceberg or butterhead)
- Vietnamese Chicken and Mushrooms (leftover from Monday) - ~3 1/2 cups
- Make dipping sauce - Whisk together cashew butter, honey, aminos, and sriracha. Add water a bit at a time until sauce reaches a smooth, pourable consistency. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Carrots (if not pre-shredded) - Slice into matchsticks. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Mint / Avocados / Lettuce - Prep as directed.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- If chicken and mushrooms are in large pieces, roughly chop so they fit more easily in lettuce wraps.
- Give dipping sauce a stir. If it was made ahead, it may have thickened up, so add water a small amount at a time until it reaches a smooth, pourable consistency.
- If you would like the chicken and mushroom filling to be warm in your lettuce wraps, reheat it briefly in the microwave.
- Set out all of the fillings for your lettuce wraps - chicken, mushrooms, carrots, avocados, mint, and dipping sauce. Assemble lettuce wraps at the table and serve with dipping sauce. Enjoy!