Chicken, Mushroom, and Avocado Lettuce Wraps
with creamy cashew dipping sauce
- Cashew butter - 1/3 cup (sub almond or other nut butter)
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 2 Tbsp
- Sriracha (opt) - 1 tsp (sub hot sauce)
- Water - 3 Tbsp
- Carrots - 5 oz, matchsticks (look for pre-shredded)
- Mint, fresh - 8 leaves, leaves torn
- Avocados - 1, thinly sliced
- Lettuce, romaine - 12 leaves (sub iceberg or butterhead)
- Vietnamese Chicken and Mushrooms (leftover from Monday) - ~3 1/2 cups
- Make dipping sauce - Whisk together cashew butter, honey, aminos, and sriracha. Add water a bit at a time until sauce reaches a smooth, pourable consistency. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Carrots (if not pre-shredded) - Slice into matchsticks. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Mint / Avocados / Lettuce - Prep as directed.
- If chicken and mushrooms are in large pieces, roughly chop so they fit more easily in lettuce wraps.
- Give dipping sauce a stir. If it was made ahead, it may have thickened up, so add water a small amount at a time until it reaches a smooth, pourable consistency.
- If you would like the chicken and mushroom filling to be warm in your lettuce wraps, reheat it briefly in the microwave.
- Set out all of the fillings for your lettuce wraps - chicken, mushrooms, carrots, avocados, mint, and dipping sauce. Assemble lettuce wraps at the table and serve with dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Took forever to make but were super yummy.0 Helpful
These were delicious! We used mint, carrots, vermicelli noodles, peppers, and fried tofu. The sauce was A++++0 Helpful
Absolutely amazing! Definitely would make again, however it is not something to do on a weeknight, rolling each one up individually took some time (I marinaded and cooked the chicken the same night). This makes about 4 rolls per serving. A few notes to my future self - 1. Add the oil into the marinade and toss the whole thing into the pan when cooking to make it easier. 2. When making the sauce, add chili sauce and add water until it is smooth. Add about 1/4c peanut butter.0 Helpful
Much easier than expected! Next time will try with shrimp. Also, avocado isn't ideal if making extras, so might sub cucumber next time. Agree with others that the sauce was too thick and too peanut-heavy. Maybe will try cutting with rice vinegar next time. Would also be good with sweet chili sauce. We also used WAY more mint than suggested.0 Helpful
Overall I really liked these and they weren't as difficult to put together as I had expected. The rolls were a little dry on their own and definitely needed the dipping sauce. I liked the peanut flavor, but I agree with some of the other commenters that I'd probably prefer a thinner less peanut-buttery sauce, so I'd tweak that next time.0 Helpful
This recipes provides an excellent bite. Good textures and flavors. I did also add rice wine vinegar to the sauce so the acidity could cut the savory, sweet and fat component of the sauce.0 Helpful