Pork and Asparagus Stir-Fry
with cauliflower rice / coconut lime smoothie
Slice pork chops into thin strips for a stir-fry that is hearty and satisfying. A simple marinade helps to build even more flavor before you make this quick-cooking dish.
- Cauliflower florets - 24 oz
- Butter - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Pork chops, boneless - 1 1/2 lbs, thinly sliced
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 1 Tbsp + 3 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 1 Tbsp
- Asparagus - 10 oz, trimmed and chopped
- Garlic - 3 cloves, chopped
- Ginger (opt) - 2 tsp, grated
- Water - 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 2 tsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Red pepper flakes (opt) - 1/2 tsp
- Chives - 1 tsp, chopped
- Arrowroot powder - 2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Coconut milk, light - 1 cup
- Bananas - 1
- Ice - 2 cups
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1/2 cup
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Cauliflower rice - (This makes enough for two nights.) Pulse florets in a food processor until broken up into ‘rice’-sized bits. Cook rice in one of two ways: 1) Microwave for 4 to 5 minutes and then fold in butter. Season with some salt and pepper; or 2) Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add butter. Saute cauliflower in heated butter for ~5 minutes, until tender but still crunchy. Season to taste with some salt and pepper. Watch this video for the full how-to on cauliflower rice. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Marinate pork - Thinly slice pork chops (the thinner you slice them, the faster they will cook). Combine with first part of aminos and rice vinegar. Marinate for at least 20 minutes and up to a day. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Asparagus / Garlic / Ginger - Prep as directed. Store asparagus in one container. Combine garlic and ginger in another container. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make sauce - Combine garlic, ginger, second part of aminos, first part of water, toasted sesame oil, honey, and red pepper flakes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Chives - Chop chives.
- Make slurry - Whisk together second part of water and arrowroot powder.
- Make smoothie - Combine coconut milk, bananas, ice, yogurt, and lime juice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Heat cooking oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and saute for 3 minutes.
- Drain marinade off pork (discard marinade) and add pork to asparagus. Stir-fry until golden brown on the outside and nearly cooked through, ~5 minutes.
- Add sauce to stir-fry. Give slurry a stir and add it to stir-fry. Simmer until sauce thickens, ~2 minutes more.
- If cauliflower rice was made ahead, reheat in the microwave. (Reserve 1 cup / 158 g for Thursday; amount for 4 servings, adjust if customizing.)
- Serve stir-fry over cauliflower rice with chives on top. Enjoy smoothie on the side.
Reminds me of my mother-in-law's cooking (she's taiwanese)0 Helpful
Quick and easy. I used chicken as I didn't have pork on hand.0 Helpful
I didn't make the smoothie, but this was boring without it.0 Helpful
The stir-fry was surprisingly delicious and easy to make. The smoothie was just OK.0 Helpful
Super good meal. I think the basmati rice and asparagus was a nice change from the norm.0 Helpful
I liked this! Been in a cooking-rut lately, and the stir-frys always get me back in the game. This one was simple, filling, and tasty. Enjoyed the combo! Slice your pork very thin. Almost as thin as the asparagus. Skipped the smoothie though for less dishes to clean up.0 Helpful